When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chase Durer Abyss

HauteHippie

113760-23288.jpg

Retails for $1300, but can be had for just under $1000. Looks like a $200 or less rep though. Nice and heavy at 200gr. And a good size at 44mm on the case. I think it's a cool looking watch!

Specs:

Movement: ETA Cal. 2824-2 25 jewels Swiss Automatic.

Functions: Date calendar, window display.

Case: Highly polished finish, solid 316L Stainless steel.

Bezel: Count down. Uni-directional.

Crown: Sport style, screw-down (threaded).

Crystal: Sapphire.

Dial: Blue color. Luminous ( radiation-free Super-LumiNova ) numerals.

Hands: Super-LumiNova radiation-free luminous filled.

Case Back: Screw-down style ( threaded ). Observation crystal.

Band: Solid 316L stainless steel.

Clasp: Deployant style.

Water Resistance: 330m/1000ft.

Case Size: 44.00mm. 12.00mm.

Weight: 200 gr.

Warranty: 2 years Factory Limited.

Other: Limited edition and Serial Numbered.

Someone had it for sale on one of the forums for about 550 (usd), I was pretty serious about it but changed my mind at the last min, I'm not sure why. The bezel reminds me of a blancpain and the dial kind a reminds me of a pam, so I like it and need to add to my gens which are all about gone right now.

113792-23284.jpg

Retails for $1300, but can be had for just under $1000. Looks like a $200 or less rep though. Nice and heavy at 200gr. And a good size at 44mm on the case. I think it's a cool looking watch!

Specs:

Movement: ETA Cal. 2824-2 25 jewels Swiss Automatic.

Functions: Date calendar, window display.

Case: Highly polished finish, solid 316L Stainless steel.

Bezel: Count down. Uni-directional.

Crown: Sport style, screw-down (threaded).

Crystal: Sapphire.

Dial: Blue color. Luminous ( radiation-free Super-LumiNova ) numerals.

Hands: Super-LumiNova radiation-free luminous filled.

Case Back: Screw-down style ( threaded ). Observation crystal.

Band: Solid 316L stainless steel.

Clasp: Deployant style.

Water Resistance: 330m/1000ft.

Case Size: 44.00mm. 12.00mm.

Weight: 200 gr.

Warranty: 2 years Factory Limited.

Other: Limited edition and Serial Numbered.

If you think it looks like a 200 dollar rep why bother??

-O

Nice enough but just a little too "Cartier" for my taste. The bracelet thumb screws are an interesting touch. Are they functional? Can one size the bracelet without hammering out pins?

Good description, actually. It is rather Cartieresque isn't it. I'd have to assume the thumb screws are functional. You MUST get that for your $1k !!

Well, I have one and I love it. You have to actually touch it to get a feel for this watch. Photos don’t do the trick. @chieftang – if you say it looks like a rep – you need to see it in reality. It's big, it's heavy and it is very well crafted.

I own a lot of watches, mostly gens, including several Breitling, Tudor and Longines so I have the possibility to compare. The Abyss is really classy. The case is engraved on the side. The back is see-through. The movement is an ETA. The bezel is very solid. The wristband is certainly different from most other watches – I like it but to me it is also the only downside of the watch, as you can’t change it to leather.

This big, heavy divers watch (1000 ft), has a very macho aura and it is the only one I can switch to from any of my PAM without getting a funny feeling (...hey.. I think I forgot my watch... feels so light.)

I'm at work right now, but tonight, if I find the time, maybe I could post a couple of pix...

It is definitely a watch that polarizes... you either like it or not. That works for me. Who really needs one-size-fits-all average crap?

That'd be cool. I'd like to see those.

Hi Chief... I promised pictures and here they are: I also did a small side-by-side with my 111h for size comparison. The wristband can be easily shortened - the screws are funtional. I said it before and I'll say it again - this watch is solid and massive. I am wearing a DRSD with a rivetted band today and the wristband of the Abyss weighs more than the whole Rolex.

Heavy Metal... :showoff: but I love it...

114286-23175.jpg114286-23176.jpg114286-23177.jpg114286-23178.jpg114286-23179.jpg114286-23180.jpg

Hi Chief... I promised pictures and here they are: I also did a small side-by-side with my 111h for size comparison. The wristband can be easily shortened - the screws are funtional. I said it before and I'll say it again - this watch is solid and massive. I am wearing a DRSD with a rivetted band today and the wristband of the Abyss weighs more than the whole Rolex.

Heavy Metal... :showoff: but I love it...

Very cool. Damn thing is busy aint it? Got any wrist shots? I'm having a hard time picturing this thing actually on a wrist!

Thanks for the nice pictures, I like this even more but I guess the bracelet cannot be removed and replaced with a strap? That limits its versatility but still, next time I see this for 550, I be tempted enough to pick it up.

Chris... you're right. Can't be replaced. That's the only downside for me. The two big screws (where the wristband starts) are 4 decoration only. You can detach the wristband at the first small screw.