When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

David Wong Sub-Cases, does anybody know them?

Gorilladame

Gorilladame, I don't want to misrepresent myself as some kind of insider. I just happened to exchange a lot of emails with DW in the last month. After a while, you end up talking about more than, "Where's my Daytona dial?"!

The only other information I know at this point is that the April batch will include a 1655 (see below). I was looking into getting a 1016 case but, like the Yuki cases, DW's would only take a genuine movement. (Any way around that?) No pics of the 1016 available, unfortunately

Would love to hear feedback on the Explorer II, since it's a watch I'm starting to really like, but have a lot to learn about.

im in regular contact with yuki and he emailed me to to say that he is working on an adaptor for his cases to accept eta movements which will be reversable when you want to upgrade to gen movement!

im in regular contact with yuki and he emailed me to to say that he is working on an adaptor for his cases to accept eta movements which will be reversable when you want to upgrade to gen movement!

This is very encouraging news. I spoke to Stilty about the possibility of using one of his Datejust adapters to fit an ETA movement into an accurate or genuine 1016 case. He believed it could be done, but I would have to sand his adapter ring down to the appropriate thickness. If DW can provide a 1016 as accurate as, say, Yuki's, and make an appropriate movement holder, then his could be the last 1016 rep I'll need. (Third time's the charm!) Here's hoping he can produce 1016 dials of similar quality to the best of his Daytonas.

The last I heard from DW, he said the 6238 should be available by the middle of this month. I will definitely be in line for one of these!

This is very encouraging news. I spoke to Stilty about the possibility of using one of his Datejust adapters to fit an ETA movement into an accurate or genuine 1016 case. He believed it could be done, but I would have to sand his adapter ring down to the appropriate thickness. If DW can provide a 1016 as accurate as, say, Yuki's, and make an appropriate movement holder, then his could be the last 1016 rep I'll need. (Third time's the charm!) Here's hoping he can produce 1016 dials of similar quality to the best of his Daytonas.

The last I heard from DW, he said the 6238 should be available by the middle of this month. I will definitely be in line for one of these!

sounds great! i try to buy most of my parts from the same seller to ensure a correct fit im looking forward to yukis movent adaptor after my expensive 6538 i want to build other watches but with gen movements costing over 1500usd you can buy the parts, fit an eta and then in your own time save up for a gen movement!

Edited by aeromatic