When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick question about Gen PAM Straps

Ronin

Quick question. I have the opportunity to purchase a Gen Leather strap. It is designated as being for a deyployant, but the seller says you can just as easily use it with a Tang buckle. Makes sense.

I am curious for those who have seen the products, what are the big differences. My guess is thinner? Will it look bad with a buckle?

TIA,

you're right ronin. the only difference is the thickness of the strap end without the buckle. the deployment straps are very thin towards the end which allows the strap to go through the actual deployment. therefore deployment straps will work with buckles but regular straps will not work with deployment buckles. it shouldn't look much different on your wrist but if you're going to spend the money on a genuine strap, i'd get the proper one. there are many good deals on these but you must have a reputable seller for obvious reason. good luck!

I did try a couple of buckles on the gen strap for deployant. The thinner buckles area OK but the thicker ones dont feel right. Plus the depolyant creates less wear on the strap whereas if you use the buckle I think the strap would wear quickly with an everyday use. Also thumb looks better than tang in my opinion.

Thanks guys. I actually have a Deyployant buckle as well as the buckle. This is for my 112, and I am attempting to go with 'showroom' setup. Hmmmm..... :g: After looking and the 112, my deyploy and buckle are 'brushed' instead of 'polished'. I will keep on searching.

Thanks guys. I actually have a Deyployant buckle as well as the buckle. This is for my 112, and I am attempting to go with 'showroom' setup. Hmmmm..... :g: After looking and the 112, my deyploy and buckle are 'brushed' instead of 'polished'. I will keep on searching.

Bit of CC rubbing and it will be polished!