When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

looking for someone to repair a rep in the UK?

welsh guy

If you can find one open to us all which I doubt then let us know mate.

But you may find a local guy to you who is willing to do a repair but you will need to go in and ask him yourself if he will work on a rep. Some will. Just tell the guy you ( or your wife always good for sentimental reason for having it!!) bought it on holiday.

Try small jeweller with old fashioned watch maker not high street shops, they are about in side streets etc. Or ask your local jeweller they may use local guy for sending their repairs to.

If not send it to Bricciola in Germany great guy great work no customs issues :D

thanks for the reply,

how come nobody does this over here??

Good question. Sadly, there've been a few 'false starts' where the people involved didn't live up to people's expectations. From what I understand, working on reps, is more like restoring old cars, rather than factory servicing modern ones. This is definitely a hobby where it's best to learn to do some basic things at home, but of course, there are still somethings which require the skills of a trained watch smith :)

thank you for the response again guys...i'm become a big fan of the help i'm getting on this forum

www.topswiss.co.uk have responded to an email that they will repair it

i will let you know how this works out when i get a chance to send it off as i'm off work with multiple breaks in the tibia!!!

cheers,

chris

thank you for the response again guys...i'm become a big fan of the help i'm getting on this forum

www.topswiss.co.uk have responded to an email that they will repair it

i will let you know how this works out when i get a chance to send it off as i'm off work with multiple breaks in the tibia!!!

cheers,

chris

Mate I wouldnt recommend sending your watch to a company like this unless you know them or you are prepared to lose your watch after paying them for the repair.

There are many places us UK guys could send our reps in the UK but there is a reason we dont, seriously dont consider this option unless you are certain that 1) you wont get scammed and 2) they will be able to repair it.

The site itself is dubious definitely a drop shipper products are low end reps at higher end price, certainly the ones I looked at quickly eg the fiddy.

If you lose that watch with them you got no hope of getting it back, none! Or your money.

This is just a bit of friendly advice mate and to be honest if your going to post it then why not just send it to Domi in Germany only be away a few days longer, no customs issues not expensive to post and hes a trusted guy on here!!

On top of that how will you explain getting scammed to your mate, cause if I was him I would expect you to cover the loss

Mate

I just googled them lots of bad feedback and they are set up in Russia!!! Which means your payment method could well get scammed as well ie your CC

Dont do it!!

ok thanks,

just to clear something up....what is drop shipping???

i have heard this term a few times since doinfd some research and i'm unsure what it is

my friend had his replica cartier roadster serviced as it stopped and when it was all put together again it was fine but a couple of weeks later he noticed that the minute hand had snapped!!!! somehow inside the case!!!

all he needs is replacement hands for the watch...is this something that would be simple to do??? if we could just get the parts??

we have no experience of any kind of watchmaking but he's in electronics so has a steady hand etc

thanks,

chris

ok thanks,

i have heard this term a few times since doinfd some research and i'm unsure what it is

my friend had his replica cartier roadster serviced as it stopped and when it was all put together again it was fine but a couple of weeks later he noticed that the minute hand had snapped!!!! somehow inside the case!!!

all he needs is replacement hands for the watch...is this something that would be simple to do??? if we could just get the parts??

we have no experience of any kind of watchmaking but he's in electronics so has a steady hand etc

thanks,

chris

Dropshipping means one company takes your money orders it from another source and that source sends it to you, if your lucky it will arrive, be what you ordered and might even work!

It can be a simple job with the right tools and basic knowledge but can be a nightmare if you make the slightest mistake.

Spares can be got for most watches on here or using links by guys here.

You need to do a bit of research and ask the question to the Cartier guys. redo a thread with the question Ie Need to find replacement hands for my Blah blah etc or PM trusted dealers.

You need to get around the forum most of the answers are here waiting for you.

Find the hands and send it to Domi mate, :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ok thanks,

thanks,

chris

Drop shipping is where dealers have pics on their sales sites, but don't actually have the watches in crates behind them, so when they get an order in, they order the watch from the factory/their supplier, and simply have that source post the watch to the client, without ever actually having the watch in hand them self.

Swapping hands is fairly easy to do, as long as the new hands fit :D It's just a case of de-casing the movement and then swapping out the hands. Maybe 10 minutes work :victory:

Read on repgeek that there's one in Piccadilly Circus Underground Station Ticket Hall area. Check it out if you're close

Just make sure you are wearing a red carnation and carrying a copy of the times. You must ask "if the bluebottle swims backwards in the bath" if he replies " only when the moon is green" then hes your man!!

;)

sounds like you have a date there pete....each to their own thats what i say Jumpy.gif

drag-queen-folsom-street-2.jpg

Must say your looking good mate but wheres your watch!! tongue.gif Hold on let me guess!!!!!

sometimes it needs winding manually

EmbarrassingIllnesses460.jpg

Got to say your legs look better there than in the your first pic was the first pre-op? biggrin.gif If so who is your doctor cause He's the MAN!!!

ok so sending it to them is a big NO NO....check

looking forward does anyone have any suggestions???

seriously i have no clue

thanks,

chris

You can use Hijack in spain he could probably source the hand as well or Domi in Germany if you can source hand or if its repairable which Domi can do. Take you 10 days approx turn around and 20 euros for shipping both ways plus cost of repair

Just make sure you are wearing a red carnation and carrying a copy of the times. You must ask "if the bluebottle swims backwards in the bath" if he replies " only when the moon is green" then hes your man!!

;)

hahahahaha +1. I think the password is "Mother geese's flock flies at 0400.. ", and if he replies.. "my mother's goose is always flocking..." then you're golden...

You can use Hijack in spain he could probably source the hand as well or Domi in Germany if you can source hand or if its repairable which Domi can do. Take you 10 days approx turn around and 20 euros for shipping both ways plus cost of repair

Hijack, domi or FRancisco can probably do this repair with no problem