When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP 5004 stock AR

woody

well guys, I finally got my 5004 on my wrist. watch was shipped out on 1/23 with EMS, and just received it today! never had this long of a wait from EMS.

so before I close the deal with the collector, I was told that it would have double AR. upon receiving today, I can't help but think that perhaps the BP only have single AR, or no AR at all on mine. I can barely even see a blue tint. I wanted to know from those that may have sourced from the cartels (since mine was not), how their 5004 is looking. do you get a relatively distinct blue AR. Or was what I described of my watch pretty standard practice for all the 5004s? to my knowledge, you cannot order these BPs without ARs, or perhaps I am one of the unlucky few? all feedbacks are welcomed as always. thanks in advance.

This is what the rep crystal, both are from Joshua (double AR) should look like .. (the genuine does have a heavy blue hue)

bp002008.jpg

I sent mine to Chief, you can see the difference.. it may not be technically correct though

bp002006.jpg

but neither is the whole watch.. :lol:

I think we waited for so long for a decent replication.. after I got it.. I figured.. what the heck.. I like the touch of CT's AR..

AC/Lani

thanks guys, I really think mine has either no AR, or just a single layer. Reminded me of the 3717 stock, which is hardly any. Wheaton or Lani, on yours, which I assume both you guys got a full treatment of goodies. What are involved? I would think Chief AR and relume? one thing I do question is on the 5004 relume, what is supposed to be lume. we know the hands and reserve hand, but what about the actual hour markers? the stock lume appears to have hour markers lumed, altough it is weaker comparing to the hands. what is the gen 5004 lume like, does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

And Lani, your stock 5002 AR definitely looks to be stronger than mine. it is a rather significant blue tint in that second shot for sure.

thanks guys, I really think mine has either no AR, or just a single layer. Reminded me of the 3717 stock, which is hardly any. Wheaton or Lani, on yours, which I assume both you guys got a full treatment of goodies. What are involved? I would think Chief AR and relume? one thing I do question is on the 5004 relume, what is supposed to be lume. we know the hands and reserve hand, but what about the actual hour markers? the stock lume appears to have hour markers lumed, altough it is weaker comparing to the hands. what is the gen 5004 lume like, does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

And Lani, your stock 5002 AR definitely looks to be stronger than mine. it is a rather significant blue tint in that second shot for sure.

see below a picture of my lume from vac as per the genuine ...

DSC01415.jpg

my version is more like wheaton and lani's. man, I got to find some time to take a picture of mine. I firmly believe that mine have practically no AR at all.... :pardon:

look at my 5002 Woody.. that is the rep crystal.. wheaton and I have Chiefs AR on the 5004.. yours should be heavily (blue) hued ..

look at my 5002 Woody.. that is the rep crystal.. wheaton and I have Chiefs AR on the 5004.. yours should be heavily (blue) hued ..

I did Lani, my 5004's crystal look nothing like your 5002. Should they have the same characteristics? time to ask for some refund on my watch back. lol

I did Lani, my 5004's crystal look nothing like your 5002. Should they have the same characteristics? time to ask for some refund on my watch back. lol

Yes to the q.. your 5004 crystal should look exactly like my 5002.. maybe you got it from a non-factory dealer.. in which case they could of used a surplus of old parts.. fyi.