When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does the Pam 00024 submersible stack up?

doxa4me

Of the Subs you have looked at so far what do you think?

Maybe post your thoughts on the ones your considering and then wait for the feedback.... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Of the Subs you have looked at so far what do you think?

Maybe post your thoughts on the ones your considering and then wait for the feedback.... thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

That is where I need help. I like the PAM submersible (non-wave dial) but I have never seen one in person nor read any reviews on them. My friend has the V5 DSSD and it is super nice...Don't want to make a decision on a $300 watch based on a photo. Any feedback from folks who have one would be greatly appreciated. Never owned a rep before so I am very new to all of this.

Personally from what I have read I would be looking at the 199, 202 or 225 if its a sub your after. If its the 24 only then your probably best getting a modded one off the sales section, they come up every so often. Unless you want to mod it yourself thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Trusted Dealers are listed in the subforum, some can do better vesions ie slightly modded such as Sead DSN Vac etc. Best to EM them and ask.

Have a look about chose what you like then if you still have questions etc post it up.

As for movements there are only a few choices across the PAM rep world and again there is plenty of info in the guides on here and RG.

Good luck mate thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

PS There are plenty of pics on here and RG try the search to start with mate, dont get me wrong I would post myself if I had one.

I have both watches. The DSSD (the "Ultimate" version from Josh) and the Pam 00024 are both nice. But, honestly, unless you plan on modding the Pam to a great extent, I feel that the DSSD is heads and shoulders above the currently available Pam 00024 rep. Like someone else wrote elsewhere, if you do the "correc 10" mod on the DSSD, then "Bob's your uncle". :)

For accuracy I agree with the DSSD choice, had a couple myself and once the bezel is there its a great rep.

But the Rolie and the PAM are 2 different watches so get both!!! Simples

The newest Version whatevertheF--k Deepsea is far more accurate than any out of the box pam rep. In fact the newest one with Rolex Clone movement is so good, the newer slightly higher nickel content steel, beveled date window, better clasp, better bezel, that it fooled my friend who owned the gen until one month ago. Not at a passing glance but after handling it for a period of time. You don't buy a Pam rep for out of the box authenticity because aside from a couple of the Ultimates which were pretty good but still needed at least some simple mods and the Ferarri's which are less popular but actually far more accurate than any of the pam reps, NO PAM, NOT ONE is a slam dunk out of the sweatshop bin. Pams in fact are the least accurate reps (and the most simple of all watch designs (crazy isn't it?))

by a wide margin. Some of the Rolexes including the DSSD, some of the BK Rolexes, The Planet Oceans, The Grahams, those amazing U Nardins, all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay close to the gens. Pams not so much. Now with that said we collect pam reps becuase it's so satisfying to go through the journey to get these babies modded, loved and worked on to the point where they are gen like. If you want a Pam sub to work with go for the Ultimate 199. best bet hands down and vac is offering a service with these to do all the mods on a brand new watch and ship it to your door. Email him..

Pams in fact are the least accurate reps (and the most simple of all watch designs (crazy isn't it?))

by a wide margin. Some of the Rolexes including the DSSD, some of the BK Rolexes, The Planet Oceans, The Grahams, those amazing U Nardins, all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay close to the gens. Pams not so much.

I could not agree more. In fact, I have wondered if the monolithic Officine Panerai has been holding someone's kid hostage. I mean, how hard is it to make a 1:1 case design from a Panerai. Is someone's child currently learning Italian by force? What gives?