When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received a DSSD V5

plaifender

So I got a DSSD from a member here on the board. It's an "Asian" V5, i haven't opened up the back yet but for what I paid I'm guessing it's a 2836 clone.. most likely not a 3135 clone... Anyways.. It was a good deal and it finally arrived today. It was advertised as being in good condition so thats just the condition it arrived in "good". Not great nor horrible. The only problem I found is that when i looked at the bracelet.. the Rolex Logo was missing from the clasp! Spoke with the seller and he's going to try to find it, a pretty glaring issue imo, but it honestly slipped past him he said. I guess it could happen to any of us :pardon: .

pictures anyone?

So the watch seems to have the HIGHLY glossy and slightly imperfect dial.(can see a few paint imperfections in the gloss like dust below the paint possibly... if that makes sense). The dial font seems a little slanted.. but I can't honestly tell well enough.

IMG_1220.jpg

The watch also came with some scratching along the side of the polished case as well as the bracelet. The first thing i did was get out my capecod and refinishing pad for the brushed steel. The brushed steel was no prob.. but the scratches on the polished steel need more work..It's almost there though, maybe another half hour of good polishing and it'll be like a mirror here's a shot after working on it for 30 minutes:

IMG_1250.jpg

Like I said the bracelet came without a rolex label on the clasp, I was at least able to brush out the marks from the where the logo used to be soldered/glued whatever.

IMG_1240.jpg

Last issue is the caseback.. It's very scratched.. I might be able to fix it with a dremel and some grey paint for the grey piece. But the outer ring is pretty rough. At least it's not visible when on the wrist!

IMG_1226.jpg

Watch seems to run fairly well.. it was 30 secs ahead after a day of playing with it.

Other than that.. It's actually a BEAUTIFUL watch. Thanks soo much to all you guys Gioarmani, Lani.. etc for convincing me to get this watch from your great photography skills! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's some various shots i took

langenscheidt has saved me more than once...

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

artistic shot.. that's my neighbor's roof across the street... Wouldn't be spanish without terracota roofs :pardon:

IMG_1205.jpg

hands in the pockets:

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

On the balcony railing:

IMG_1210.jpg

Hope you enjoyed! :clapping:

I never get bored seeing pics of this watch, and I appreciate the "artistic" ones and the "hands in the pocket" ones!!! It's a super look'n V5, now just polish the sides to a mirror and all will be perfect (no one ever see's the back imo)!

Enjoy it!

Edited by G.Curcio

I never get bored seeing pics of this watch, and I appreciate the "artistic" ones and the "hands in the pocket" ones!!! It's a super look'n V5, now just polish the sides to a mirror and all will be perfect (no one ever see's the back imo)!

Enjoy it!

Thanks G.Curcio. Gonna work on it now! hopefully i can get it mirror smooth!.. the seller is going to send me a new caseback, and a forum member is going to donate his dssd bracelet. It should look pretty perfect pretty soon! Of course i'll keep you guys updated. :thumbsupsmileyanim: