When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Bezel Insert Mod - How did I do?

WatchnRoll

just as an fyi WnR.. do not attempt to use any acetone or thinner to loosen the epoxy "if" you decide to remove it.. the epoxy will seep down into the bezel and freeze the clicks.. so if you decide to do the insert over you may have to sacrifice the insert when removing it..

the peace of mind in knowing you can correct is gtg for now me thinks.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks Lani...I won't use any thinner or remover. But, do you think I'll be able to get the insert off of the metal bezel? That glue is strong! I wonder if I'll have to really scrape it off or if it will pop away from the metal

Plus Joshua is taking forever getting my the insert...I still need to send you one...I'm ordering another from Joshua tomorrow...

I'll post pictures tomorrow which are clearer...my wife might be right and I am a nutcase...

Others here have looked at my pictures and say the watch looks great...

How do you think it looks Lani based on the pics on page 1?

Would you re-do it?

Plus Joshua is taking forever getting my the insert...I still need to send you one...I'm ordering another from Joshua tomorrow...

I believe they are celebrating the Chinese New Years and that goes on for like two weeks (wow!). I have two orders pending since a week ago and they have not even shipped yet. I believe that they will be sent out after the workers return after the New Years Celebration on the 23 of February.

I believe they are celebrating the Chinese New Years and that goes on for like two weeks (wow!). I have two orders pending since a week ago and they have not even shipped yet. I believe that they will be sent out after the workers return after the New Years Celebration on the 23 of February.

yep you are right about CNY. I ordered the insert on feb 6th and it was sent registered mail which takes a couple of weeks...I'll probably have it in March.

thanks Lani...I won't use any thinner or remover. But, do you think I'll be able to get the insert off of the metal bezel? That glue is strong! I wonder if I'll have to really scrape it off or if it will pop away from the metal

I'll post pictures tomorrow which are clearer...my wife might be right and I am a nutcase...

Others here have looked at my pictures and say the watch looks great...

How do you think it looks Lani based on the pics on page 1?

Would you re-do it?

I redid my insert a couple of times.. others will say it looks fine because they are not looking at it all the time.. my perspective is .. if "I" don't feel comfortable with it then I'll be the one that has to live with it.

No matter what we all say, your the one that will live with it.

If you order another insert at least you have the corrected 10 until you receive another.. so what if it takes another month to arrive.. at least you can have one available until you decide if you want to swap another... or you may just decide to leave the one you have on now..

the draw back is you'll probably break the one you have on now to remove it.. that gorilla glue is ... needless to say epoxy on steroids, and you will need a throw away 2.00 screw driver to scrape the epoxy off the inner bezel..

So you have a corrected 10 insert and it's not perfect.. is it grossly obvious?.. NO... does it really give away the rep?.. NO.. not as much as the incorrect 10.. so RELAX .. and if you decide to order another.,. no worries if it takes 2 months.. :lol:

but if your ever going to do it again: :good:

79518042.jpg

unless your taking it in the water.. this is good to use for many reasons,.. as I explained on the phone.

UPDATE

I brought my DSSD to my watch guy this morning. We removed the bezel and put the bezel with the insert into a ultrasound machine...it softened the gorilla glue and I was able to salvage it.

He is working on the watch now and is sanding the insert to make it perfect...

I'll have it later today and I can't wait.

Photos and an updated thread coming soon...