When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 pusher problem

gplracer

I have yet another DW 6263 (it is a long story and yes the other one is in great health) and the top pusher screws in but it is not in. I know there are c clamps on the inside. Could it be that I will have to replace the pushers? I hate to have to spend $100 at Ofrei. I wonder if there is another alternative. Besides that someone would have to do it because I do not have the die to tap it.

If this is a new DW case & the pushers are loose in the holes, then you may need to buy larger diameter pushers from Ofrei.

If the hole threading is stripped (pusher fits hole, but the screw portion does not seat), then you need a tap.

If the threading on the pusher is stripped, you will need to replace the pushers.

If the pusher screws into the case & seats properly, but loosens, then you may either be missing the c-clip (you can purchase a package of pusher c-clips from Ofrei - check their pusher page) or the screw portion of the pusher needs to be tightened from inside the case (you need to remove the internal components of the pusher & then screw the body down snug in the case).

Sadly, I have experienced all of the above with DW cases. This is what comes of manufacturing without QC.

If you are missing c-clips, you can get a pack of replacements from Ofrei (I do not believe anyone sells them individually)

asst-clip120b.jpg

(click pic for link)

The c-clip-style pushers are what DWs come with (at least the older cases - I think he will be switching over to the better quality pushers that Ofrei sells at some point) & I always replace them (all the c-clip style pushers have problems). My recommendation is to get pushers from Ofrei. To install, you disassemble the pusher, screw the housing into the case & then install the inner components. Once assembled, you can insert a small screwdriver into the end of the center post to snug it up (do not overtighten). Then grind down the center post to the appropriate length to allow the movement to be installed & the pusher to activate the timer function.

If you have a non-Oyster steel case, you need the Screw In Chronograph Watch Pusher PD 61.701 White

61-701.jpg

If you have an Oyster case, you will need 1 of the 'Daytona' style pushers listed further down the page

rolpush.jpg

The c-clip-style pushers are what DWs come with (at least the older cases - I think he will be switching over to the better quality pushers that Ofrei sells at some point) & I always replace them (all the c-clip style pushers have problems).

Do you happen to know if Spinmaster replaces them on the ones that he assembles from DW parts or does he just loctite the tubes into the case?