When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing the bezel of sosf for AR.

s.dupere

As I understand it, the bezels are press-fitted and I was told that there is a chance that once out, it may not fit back in.

I pushed the crystal out with a crystal press and it bent the tabs on the way out. After I got it back from Taka AR, I bent the tabs out a bit further with a pair of pliers and fit the crystal back in and used the back of the pliers to push the tabs back in. It would be better to use a cloth to cover the pliers before this. I didn't and there are now light teeth marks on my tabs which can probably be polished out if I'm not lazy.

Unfortunately many of the latest bezels will not come off, even with a bezel removal tool.

Actually, I can get it off, it will simply result in damage to the case, and the bezel will get bent and won't ever work again. Now and then you get one that pops right off, but most of them are tighter than the hinges of hell, and attempting to remove it will end up ruining the case and bezel...speaking from experience here...:)

...so it is possible, but risky :)

Truer words were never spoken! When one of these bezels does come off, it can be an explosive event! Here's is an actual picture of the aftermath of a Breitling bezel removal:

img5888p.jpg

How'd they get around that obstacle!?? :pardon:

Some pop off with a simple press of the caseback knife, others need the bezel removal tool and get destroyed during the removal process... The only thing consistant with reps, is that no two are the same... You can never use an example of one to judge the others, they are all different, which makes it difficult.

As I understand it, the bezels are press-fitted and I was told that there is a chance that once out, it may not fit back in.

I pushed the crystal out with a crystal press and it bent the tabs on the way out. After I got it back from Taka AR, I bent the tabs out a bit further with a pair of pliers and fit the crystal back in and used the back of the pliers to push the tabs back in. It would be better to use a cloth to cover the pliers before this. I didn't and there are now light teeth marks on my tabs which can probably be polished out if I'm not lazy.

i have Chief's AR on my steelfish and used nakortheblue's method (except the pliers bit black_eye.gif) my crystal cleared the tabs just about.

i wanted to do the same on my skyland but thr tabs over hung too much so i didnt bother.

i would not even try and remove the bezel for fear of bending it or not being able to set it back on g.gif