When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie question about rep bracelets

atxgo

I'm new to the forum, and to replica watches, but have been reading as much as I can for a couple of weeks. This site seems great - really convinced me that a rep was the way to go. I never thought I'd learn so much about movements, etc. That said, I have a question before I dive in to start purchasing:

I prefer metal bracelets, but I have large wrists (just under 9" circumference). Virtually every (gen) watch I've purchased, I need a bigger bracelet than the standard size. But up to this point, all my watches have been quartz, sub $500 watches, and most manufacturers will just give extra links for free, probably due to cheaper quality. How does this work in the rep world? Obviously, the structure is different, and I've read posts from other large wrist users complaining about not being about to get extra links.

After-market bracelets really are not an option, as I want watches that are as close to genuine as possible, and that includes the bracelet insignia, design, etc. I suppose purchasing genuine bracelets for the watch is an option, but it seems ridiculous to shell out hundreds of dollars extra just to replace a bracelet that is a half-inch short. Can extra links be ordered with the watch, commonly? If not, what do other forum members do as I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem.

firstly, Welcome to the forum! Glad to see that the information here has been of use to you. :) I am one of the lucky members here who have smaller wrists and have never had an issue with standard bracelets and straps not fitting me. In your case, I would first contact one of the trusted dealers here on the forum and ask them about the availability of links for the particular watch bracelets your interested in. If the answer is a 'no', then there's PLENTY of forum members on here that have small wrists like me and have extra bracelet links for most of the popular models around. For example.... Submariner, Daydate, GMT, UPO, Breitling Steelfish, Aquaracer, and Carrera links can probably be found here on the forum in abundance. Most members would probably give links away from popular watches like the aforementioned for no charge. As a recent example.. a really nice member here is giving me his Deepsea glidelock bracelet for free since mine is missing the logo. This is definitely the best and most generous watch forum on the net! enjoy it! Don't hesitate to holler if you have any other questions or comments! What watches are you considering by the way?????

I would also say that this could be a deciding choice with the seller you choose, go for the one that will provide the extra links, but i am sure if you need links then the members will help out, i know i have sent most of my spare links to people that needed them in the past

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. It seems like a pretty generous community that would be willing to share links. I certainly would offer to pay a reasonable fee for anyone sharing links with me, but either way it is nice to read that so many forum members are willing to help out.

What watches are you considering by the way?????

After reading a lot of reviews, the following are on my current wish list to buy (in no particular order):

• Breitling SFSO w/ blue dial, no chrono
  • Breitling Navtimer - haven't made up mind on which specific version yet, but I actually found this forum while looking at gen Navtimers, so needless to say this one is pretty high on my desirability scale.
  • Omega Planet Ocean 42.5 w/ black dial and orange ring, no chrono (probably will wait for the new version coming out)
  • Rolex GMT Master II w/ blue & red "Pepsi" design and black dial - no chrono
  • Rolex Daytona - haven't decided on a specific version yet, but love the white dial "seconds at 6" version just reviewed.
  • Ebel 1911 Discovery Chrono SS "Panda" - stunning watch!
  • Tag Heuer Link Chrono w/ gray dial and tachy bezel
  • Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chrono SS w/ blue dial

It's really tough to decide, there are so many beautiful watches available.

Welcome.. looks like you know what you want, which takes you ahead of many that start out..

there are some very good rep bracelets out now.. much better than a few years ago.. the industry has made enormous strides in the last few years.

Some bracelets just need a little work, but as a whole you'll be quite pleased with the results.. the Ebel being a very good choice..

Here are some reps that were posted in a thread last year... when a member asked "what is a good collection", you may find that the leather and gen gator straps are very well made.. and some of them are found on the genuine foras as well as RWG.. for the Panerai's.. IWC ... a lot of very good straps are made to order.

See > HERE

Just Holla if you would like pics of a particular rep.. womeone here has it.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. It seems like a pretty generous community that would be willing to share links. I certainly would offer to pay a reasonable fee for anyone sharing links with me, but either way it is nice to read that so many forum members are willing to help out.

What watches are you considering by the way?????

After reading a lot of reviews, the following are on my current wish list to buy (in no particular order):

[*]Omega Planet Ocean 42.5 w/ black dial and orange ring, no chrono (probably will wait for the new version coming out)

So with 9" wrists.. what would call you towards a 42.5 Planet Ocean instead of the 45.5xl? I have barely 6.5" wrists.. and a 42.5" would seem small to me if i bought it.... :pardon: Just figured i'd ask....?

Also.. speaking of bracelets.. The DSSD and Milgauss Glide Lock bracelets are some of the best rep bracelets ever made. I really feel like they are excellet quality. maybe one of those models might interest you as well? :D

Re 42.5 vs 45.5 Planet Ocean, I am not a fan of really big watch faces. I don't have a compelling reason why - just maybe I'm used to wearing watches with a "normal" size dial, I guess. Most of the ones on my list are 41-43mm in size. The only exception is the Ebel at 44.5mm, and the large face was the one concern I had about the watch. I just like the look of it so much that I am willing to give it a shot.

Re DSSD and Milgauss: I just felt the need to narrow down the list to 8 watches, which I think my budget over the next 12 months could handle. The DSSD and GMT are somewhat close in general appearance, and I chose the GMT red/blue "Pepsi" as the more interesting watch that seems to complement the rest of the watches on my list. I like the Milgauss, it is an interesting suggestion.