When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Seiko Chrono Kinetic watch to choose for

fizz

Lmao @ that pic. My hairyness ain't that bad. Lol.

Reason I said it is because the omega planet ocean likes to trap my hairs unlike the seamaster chain. So some are better than others obviously. :p

here's another pic of that seiko. Yes it's a bit busy but looks a bit better in this pic i think.

mtr_seiko_09_0401_premier_chronographperpetura_01.jpg

and cheers for that suggestion but not a fan of watches with bezels at the mo.

Edited by fizz

What about a serviced IWC 3717... i'm beginning to think you've got something against reps... :g:

When you say you're not a fan of watches with bezels, you mean.. numbered bezels right? 99% of watches have bezels....

Maybe another Velatura Version SPC005:

seiko_spc005_real.jpg

280768726_o.jpg

Or how about an SNL041:

89238276.jpg

Ha.. i still have a lot to learn. Yeah, the adjustable bezels are the ones im trying to avoid at the mo as my last watch had one and i want something different.

Whats a serviced IWC 3717?

Seen that SPC005 before and although it looks good it doesnt seem as good as the SNL041 you posted which looks lush.

I aint got any issues with reps.. lol I just thought id get a high end rep of an expensive watch like an Omega Seamaster. This one will be my daily wear which will be reliable and i dont need to worry about servicing etc. 2 years warranty and what not.

Now that looks good. Those links in the chain would leave me a bit sore though. lol

Doubt it.. supposed to be one of the most comfy bracelets around.... Why don't you do a hairy arm survey on here.. Do you usually wear your watch very lose? :g:

For what you're willing to pay, you could buy this rep, have it serviced and water tested without going over your budget. If you hate the bracelet... it's looks great on leather, kevlar, or NATO as well..

Too true. I tend to like having watches not too tight but im willing to try other ways if it means i will be in less pain. lol

Going to pop into a couple of watch shops at lunch to have a try and see if i can find these ones and try some on. :)

Too true. I tend to like having watches not too tight but im willing to try other ways if it means i will be in less pain. lol

Going to pop into a couple of watch shops at lunch to have a try and see if i can find these ones and try some on. :)

:thumbsupsmileyanim: i love watch shop days....

:thumbsupsmileyanim: i love watch shop days....

hahaha i try and make every saturday a watch shop day! I couldn't agree more with the others the IWC 3717 is a lovely watch and IMO even better on leather - you can get a few big pilot-esq straps for it - looks SWEET AS A NUT.

I've seen a few decent seiko's go for

Right... bit of an update. Finally got round to going to try on a couple of watches and could not find the one i originally posted in the shop to check out in person but did look at a couple of others.

In particular this watch.

http://www.firstclasswatches.co.uk/seiko-gents-chronograph-sna525p1-p-676.html

Now in the pics it doesn't look anything too special but the finish of the metal in person looks very sharp.

Tried it on and the strap although did take a couple of hairs out ( :whistling: ) sits really nicely on my wrist.

Its a 44mm width and didnt look too bad size wise but i think its due to the strap falling and shaping around my wrist. Others i tried on have a bigger link to the watch which sticks out a bit before it touches my wrist. Looks a bit silly. :bangin:

So anyhow..will post a pic up as soon as my computer reboots.

Regards

Fizz

Cheers mate. With regards to the end links you refer to. I presume you mean where it connects to the watch?

And yeah, im liking this one a fair bit. Just need to find a place which has the first watch so i can try it on to compare before purchase.

Once i have this daily one i can then look to getting a rep in the mean time. (pardon the pun) :whistling:

Regards

Fizz