When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What should I be paying to get my 112 re-lumed?

polo147ax

So. I finally pulled the trigger & ordered a 112 from Jay & Angel at Silix.

Asked a local watch smith for re-lume pricing where he quoted me $55 USD for the hands & said it'd take 2 weeks. Is that a fair price? If not, how much should I be paying?

Relume Hands- $

Relume Dial- $

Is there a specific Lume I should ask for? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

So. I finally pulled the trigger & ordered a 112 from Jay & Angel at Silix.

Asked a local watch smith for re-lume pricing where he quoted me $55 USD for the hands & said it'd take 2 weeks. Is that a fair price? If not, how much should I be paying?

Relume Hands- $

Relume Dial- $

Is there a specific Lume I should ask for? Any details would be greatly appreciated.

Should not cost more than $120 for both hands and dial

+1 on avitt's comment. If you go cheap, with someone who is unknown, you might be throwing that $50 away. I would highly recommend you go with one of the experts here and pay the extra money for a job you can be assured will be done superbly! Check out Kent Parks, Vacuum or Zigimeister. You can't go wrong with any of them.

+1 on avitt's comment. If you go cheap, with someone who is unknown, you might be throwing that $50 away. I would highly recommend you go with one of the experts here and pay the extra money for a job you can be assured will be done superbly! Check out Kent Parks, Vacuum or Zigimeister. You can't go wrong with any of them.

+1 ...at least.

I always use Vac... but The Zigmeister, and Kent have done amazing work and are very well established... Kent's work on all the different colored B&Rs blow my mind every time I see them. I wouldn't even think about using some local guy... just sounds crazy to me even if it was $30...

Since your in the USA, I recommend you contact member vaccum, he can more than meet your needs.

I can't imagine anyone being foolish enough to suggest you go outside of RWG, especially for a service that our own members can help you with - lets support our community and each other.

Considering the cost, the 112 appears to be a sandwich dial. Sandwich dials require 2-3 times the volume of lume as normal saussage type dials. You should expect to pay just under $150 for a full lume of the dial and hands. Kent, and myself (and probably Vaccum as well) charge more for sandwich dials because of the extra lume.

Kent does good work, that is not an issue, but the fact of the matter is he's not a member of RWG, whereas Vaccum has been an outstanding member for 5 years. Because Kent makes his home on PMWF and the other gen forums, he doesn't like his name or work he's done on reps being shown on these forums.

I hope you decide to support a member of RWG if you decide to have the lume upgraded.

Since your in the USA, I recommend you contact member vaccum, he can more than meet your needs.

I can't imagine anyone being foolish enough to suggest you go outside of RWG, especially for a service that our own members can help you with - lets support our community and each other.

+ 1

+2 :pardon:

Guest avitt

All of the mentioned vendors can provide excellent lume service.

Just a few more words about Kent Parks:

Kent did make his home on the genuine boards (like PMWF, Timezone, WUS), and perfected his skills on genuine watches. However, for the past few years, Kent has been providing excellent service to the replica market...You only have to search for his name at RWI, Repgeek, or here to see numerous examples of the service that he's provided to our community.

The Zigmeister is correct that Kent does charge a bit more for sandwich dials...$10 more, to be precise. I just checked with him, and confirmed that his price to lume a 112 dial and hands would be $122.

If you're looking for excellent work, performed by a friendly, US based professional at very reasonable prices, then everestwatchworks.com should certainly be considered.

I think you should also consider the type of lume used. RC tritec is the best and used by the gen watch houses (and also by some

modders such as ZM). This will add to the cost as well as the stuff is expensive. There will less expensive lume available but will probably have inferior "glow" time and brightness. YMMV.