When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rep. - Explorer I from Andrew.

Harrison S

Hello!

I purchased my first rep yesterday from Andrew. I ordered the Rolex Explorer I with Swiss ETA.

I was going to order the Omega Seamaster Professional, but the Swiss-ETA was too expensive for me... and since I ordered it from Andrew and not Joshua (Which I just noticed), I didn't see the $50 value subtraction if I had chose Asia ETA movement... Kind of a bummer, I really wanted the Omega Seamaster Pro blue.

But nevertheless, I heard the Rolex Explorer I is one of the best/accurate replicas... and I also looked around the forum and some sites for comparison between Swiss ETA and 21J... I've heard some bad things about the Asia clone ETAs, but not on Swiss ETAs, and as for 21Js, generally it works great for people.

Also for Swiss ETAs, I e-mailed Andrew and he said that Swiss ETA Movement is far much better. (Well I only believe half of what he's saying... since he's the seller... but I paid and bought it already, I guess there is no reason for him to lie to me, except for my future purchases to be in the expensive S-ETA movements). But he said it's a Swiss brand but factories are based in Asia... Ca anyone elaborate more? Because I have asked him if what he basically means is parts are manufactured in china but assembeld in Swiss, and he replied with "something like that"... lol

Can anyone give me some thoughts, any links for reviews (I haven't seen a lot, only one) for Explorer I rep? What do YOU think? I want to hear your opinion... and I also want to hear your opinion about Swiss ETAs, Asia ETas and 21Js if you got the time :-) I've seen the facts..I just want some opinions from people who have experience. Since I might purchase the Omega Seamaster with Asia ETA (or maybe Swiss ETA if I got the money).

Oh... I paid $243 shipped. EMS Shipping. But I'm assuming you guys know all of that since (at least I think) Andrew and Josh (Im saying because to me, they look like they have the same prices) are fairly popular around here and well respected.

Edited by Harrison S

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your first purchase.

When it comes to Swiss eta vs asian eta clone vs asian 21j, there's no easy answer. The Swiss etas are made in asia, but the quality is better than the asian copies. However, they may still need to be serviced, it's possible they're surplus or used also. But repair parts are available and they can be serviced. Can't say the same about the asian eta clone- yes, they can be serviced, but can be tougher to regulate, parts aren't available and swiss eta parts may or may not work in there.

Asain 21j's, well it's cheaper to replace them than service them, they can be dirty and not oiled, and it's pretty much the luck of the draw as to whether or not they'll work well. That being said, I have a number of asian 21j's which are doing fine, one broken clone at this point and most of my reps are swiss etas, which is certainly my preference for dependability and longevity. But some of my friends get good mileage out of their asian 21j's- and that's all they buy. So I guess the choice is yours.

Thanks for your response.

If I'm buying a next rep at all (First I gotta see this one ;-), It'll be the Omega SMP 300m. It'll probably have to be in Swiss ETA, because I had bad experiences anything with Chinese "Clones" (Not only in watches, but other things too).

Oh, and is it true how the Explorer I is the best (or one of the best) accuarte/best replicas out there?