When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gauging Interest - Upgraded Pam 063 (2893)

Canuck88

Hi all -

I'm in a bit of a desperate situation as I have to purchase a new camera lens (I'm a semi-pro photographer) for a paid shoot in about a months time (where I live has no lens rentals)... the lens is about $2500 and I'm short of that kind of cash...

So, I'm thinking of selling my most expensive rep - the PAM 063 (2893). It's been serviced by The Zigmeister, superlumed, has the new cyclops, a new crown on the way from Palpatine, a datewheel on reserve, an Officine Fireze distressed tan strap, a BOB Vertigo Coconut strap, and an extra crownguard... all told I've paid about $825+ for everything. It has a couple of small nicks on the case (really small), and the GMT hand doesn't line up perfectly - but it keeps great time (thanks to The Zigmeister) and looks the part.

Does $550 shipped with the crown or $525 shipped without (the crown cost me $75) sound like a reasonable amount to ask? I'm not really sure what the going price for a modded 063 is at the moment (I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to visit the boards every hour like I normally do :)

Scott

IMO, you should reconsider seliing this one and sell off others or something else that would be far easier to replace down the road.

You have one of the top reps ever made with an excellent The Zigmeister serviced 2893-2 movement & lumed dial. These guys are extinct and would not be easy to replace specially the way yours is optioned.

Surely you like this watch otherwise why go through all the trouble and expense to take it to its limit?

Just my 2 cents. :)

Best of luck!

Jet

I'm with Jet on this one. I understand the temptation. That's a lot to have wrapped up in a rep, but the 063 is a thing of beauty and as about as good as they come in this hobby. I have the Palp crown and the cyclops for mine and I'm just waiting for the datewheel. I've been surprised to see a couple of these, along with a couple 029s up for grabs. Still, I guess if you don't wear it, not much sense to keep it. $550 is a very fair price. Steep for a rep, yes, but for this rep, worth it.

Good luck and climb on.

IMO, you should reconsider seliing this one and sell off others or something else that would be far easier to replace down the road.

You have one of the top reps ever made with an excellent The Zigmeister serviced 2893-2 movement & lumed dial. These guys are extinct and would not be easy to replace specially the way yours is optioned.

Surely you like this watch otherwise why go through all the trouble and expense to take it to its limit?

Just my 2 cents. :)

Best of luck!

Jet

I agree.. that watch/movement was actually my first choice before 'settling' on my 029 with the same movement. .. i just could not find one... if you put it up i might be tempted to break into the piggy bank.... :o .. if i could justify having both!!!lly

you could probably ask for a little bit more...

but the crow cost you SEVENTY-FIVE US DOLLARS? Are you out of your mind?? Who pays 75$ for a piece of metal? I'd rather sniff a gramm of cocaine for that amount!

Slay... you're still a tool :bangin:115400-22892.gif

Whether the GMT hand needs adjusting depends on whether you get lucky. Typically they do need an adjustment and Ziggy or any watchsmith can easily do it . I do echo some of the sentiment that if you can afford to keep it do so. It is one of the classic PAM original movement reps. I am a fan of the 2893 and 2892 A-2 movements. I prefer them to the bastardized 7750 GMT function (on the gens too). :)

But if you do sell you should get your price. :)

Yeah, The Zigmeister missed it and has committed to fixing it for free - so whoever buys the watch can get it fixed when/if they send it to him to have the crown installed...

And yeah, I know I'll never be able to replace it and it is by far the nicest rep I've owned (especially on the wrist) - but my photography earns me money, so I have little choice. :(

Why does the gmt hand not line up? I thought that The Zigmeister serviced it. He could fix that, can't he?

No doubt it is a bargain. I saw a PAM 28 recently on TRC that was sold for $900 and the only things that were done was a PVD coat. I don't even think it was lumed. Certainly no new cyclops or datewheel (!!!!!) or crown etc. Your price is a steal for sure.

What lens are you going to buy and for what camera?

No doubt it is a bargain. I saw a PAM 28 recently on TRC that was sold for $900 and the only things that were done was a PVD coat. I don't even think it was lumed. Certainly no new cyclops or datewheel (!!!!!) or crown etc. Your price is a steal for sure.

What lens are you going to buy and for what camera?

85L 1.2... a very expensive lens indeed :)

Bought by Thomasng for $600USD ($675CDN) pending funds - once the transaction goes through, if he wants the datewheel can you put him on the list in my place Mark?