When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bi-directional non click bezel locked up.

HEWLIO

Is there a way to loosen them up? i am assuming that its just dirt because it just locked up now it was loose before. I was thinking about using just a drop of slick 50 but im not sure if that would work. Are there methods of getting these bezels to unlock? Thanks

The crown would have nothing to do with the bezel, and if it did touch, you've got bigger problems than just the bezel not turning! :bicycle:

Agreed for the most part. I had a 5513 that the crown would in fact interfere/touch the bezel locking it in place. I agree though, just throwing it out there.

Pop the bezel...

The crown would have nothing to do with the bezel, and if it did touch, you've got bigger problems than just the bezel not turning! :bicycle:

Why don't you just pop the bezel off with a flat blade and clean it?

Well that was easy. but i cant really get it to stay back on. How might i go about doing that?

On a 1665 you put on the piece that holds the crystal on first. It should be good and tight. The bezel and spring snap down over that.

Well i got it on and i dont think it will fall off unless i force it off. But its not on perfectly. I suspect that the inner ring around the crystal isnt quite on all the way. But i think its fine for now.

FYI, the crystal retainer ring should not have come loose when you popped off the bezel. The retainer ring is usually pressed with a (hand) machine so it goes on flat and true. However, considering you have a rep, and it very well may have come loose, you may want to use small dabs of hypo so it seats. Pressing it down can be accomplished by hand if you use a dowel or similar non-marring tool to slowly work your way around the retainer, pressing it home. After that sets for a day or so, the bezel can be pressed over it so it snaps back in.

FYI, the crystal retainer ring should not have come loose when you popped off the bezel. The retainer ring is usually pressed with a (hand) machine so it goes on flat and true. However, considering you have a rep, and it very well may have come loose, you may want to use small dabs of hypo so it seats. Pressing it down can be accomplished by hand if you use a dowel or similar non-marring tool to slowly work your way around the retainer, pressing it home. After that sets for a day or so, the bezel can be pressed over it so it snaps back in.

I was guessing thats what was going on. That inner ring is not going to come off. It was secure just not on all the way. I pushed it back in with the edge of the knife i got the bezel off with and its fine now.