When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

sosf or bce?

torjus

Hi guys =)

I have been a member for a while, and have enjoyed reading and learning about watches.

just purchased an omega smp bond, 007 edition and i just love it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now i have decided to go for a breitling, but cant really decide wich one i`m going for.

i really like both sosf and the bce, and both have great amount of positive feedback.

i`ve would like to hear your opinions on these watches and your experince with it, i know there are lots of reviews on these timepieces, but i did not find one that compare those two :g:

so, wich one would you guys choose?

thanks

Torjus

PS: sorry about my english, i hope its readable? ;)

Both are fabulous watches, so you really can't go wrong either way. The SOSF has better lume, although at times a bit sloppily applied, whereas the BCE is a classier and more classic piece. Both are reliable and very accurate if you get the right versions. Basically you just need to find out which one you like the most, or alternatively flip a coin.

Personally though, I'd go with a BCE first.

Yes indeed, you probably are. I have a Swiss Fish and 4 Chronomats myself and I've no intention of stopping there. Both are incredibly nice watches, but for me the Chronomat is by far the more interesting one. The Fish is very simple, as behooves a quintessential tool watch, so one is really enough.

I think the BCE is definitely the classier watch...beautiful. The SOSF is a more utility piece...so it depends on what you need in your collection. Given you have an Omega Bond...I would go for the BCE...as the SOSF is in line with the Omega in terms of style grouping.

Yes indeed, you probably are. I have a Swiss Fish and 4 Chronomats myself and I've no intention of stopping there. Both are incredibly nice watches, but for me the Chronomat is by far the more interesting one. The Fish is very simple, as behooves a quintessential tool watch, so one is really enough.

I think the BCE is definitely the classier watch...beautiful. The SOSF is a more utility piece...so it depends on what you need in your collection. Given you have an Omega Bond...I would go for the BCE...as the SOSF is in line with the Omega in terms of style grouping.

Thanks guys=) it really helps getting some point of view from somone that actually got these watches :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I`m pretty shure that i`m gonna go for BCE first, but i`m a bit confused about the differences on the ultimate v(v3) and the v2? the v3 is actually cheaper than v2, do you guys got any idea of why this is?

and do you got both versions? if so wich one do you like more?

I bought two BCE in two weeks... Beautiful watch indeed. BCE defintely give you that bling bling look, even without the diamond bezel, especially the ones with black dial and stick markers. I also love my SOSF. I think it's very nice as well..

Both of BCE and SOSF are great rep out of the box. Great details, great AR, similar thickness and size. However, they both suffer wrong date font, so you will have to replace the DW if you want to get it closer to right.

The thing is, as a collector, you may want at least one watch in your collection that has automatic chronograph movement, different from all that 2824 movement. Having all the watches with the same kind of movement can be boring (IMHO).

Enough said, I think both watches will be great for you. As the nature of our hobby, you may not stop buying this purchase. Eventually, I think you will enjoy both, just in matter of time, so either one will be ok. With SOSF, make sure you are getting the right one. I see there are some inferior pieces people buy lately. Going back and forth with the dealers is a hassel.

Thanks guys=) it really helps getting some point of view from somone that actually got these watches :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I`m pretty shure that i`m gonna go for BCE first, but i`m a bit confused about the differences on the ultimate v(v3) and the v2? the v3 is actually cheaper than v2, do you guys got any idea of why this is?

and do you got both versions? if so wich one do you like more?

I haven't received my second one yet, but both of mine I think are v2. I've never owned a v3, but I was told v3 has less perfect dial than v2 (relatively speaking), but v2 has wrong date font that v3. I was told that with v2 you can replace the bezel with a genuine one. I more 100% sure it can be done, but I'm certainly wanting to give it a try on mine.

I bought two BCE in two weeks... Beautiful watch indeed. BCE defintely give you that bling bling look, even without the diamond bezel, especially the ones with black dial and stick markers. I also love my SOSF. I think it's very nice as well..

Both of BCE and SOSF are great rep out of the box. Great details, great AR, similar thickness and size. However, they both suffer wrong date font, so you will have to replace the DW if you want to get it closer to right.

The thing is, as a collector, you may want at least one watch in your collection that has automatic chronograph movement, different from all that 2824 movement. Having all the watches with the same kind of movement can be boring (IMHO).

Enough said, I think both watches will be great for you. As the nature of our hobby, you may not stop buying this purchase. Eventually, I think you will enjoy both, just in matter of time, so either one will be ok. With SOSF, make sure you are getting the right one. I see there are some inferior pieces people buy lately. Going back and forth with the dealers is a hassel.

think i`ll go for the BCE, you are right about it looks more bling, and i really want an automatic chrono like you said :victory:

I wanted that watch more, even befor i posted this topic, but since I`ve read so much positive about the sosf i just couldent decide :blink:

it`s like i`ve got the impression that the sosf was a better rep :g:

let me know how you like the one you are waiting for!

Thanks

think i`ll go for the BCE, you are right about it looks more bling, and i really want an automatic chrono like you said :victory:

I wanted that watch more, even befor i posted this topic, but since I`ve read so much positive about the sosf i just couldent decide :blink:

it`s like i`ve got the impression that the sosf was a better rep :g:

let me know how you like the one you are waiting for!

Thanks

BCE will be looking very nice on your wrist. Good luck!

Some eye candy for you.

IMG_5216d.jpg

IMG_5207d.jpg

I'm waiting for this one. Can't wait!

bcett.jpg