When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about 7750 for Daytona 6263

GarrettP1

There have been some nice 6263 Daytona's here that use a converted manual-wind Valjoux 7750 (or even A7750) for the movement.

The subdial layout is different on the gen 6263 (Val. 72).

Do these conversions change the subdial layout to the correct configuration?

Or, do they remain as they were on the 7750, so that with the movement rotated in the case, the minutes are actually at 9 (while the subdial marker will have the calibration for seconds)?

Garrett

There have been some nice 6263 Daytona's here that use a converted manual-wind Valjoux 7750 (or even A7750) for the movement.

The subdial layout is different on the gen 6263 (Val. 72).

Do these conversions change the subdial layout to the correct configuration?

Or, do they remain as they were on the 7750, so that with the movement rotated in the case, the minutes are actually at 9 (while the subdial marker will have the calibration for seconds)?

Garrett

The A7750 has the same sub dial layout as theV72 but the spacing is a little off. There is a gen valjoux wit the same layout. It is the 7753. It is not real easy to come by. How is the progress on yours coming?

GP,

The Val. 7750 (and A7750) as well, have a different subdial layout from the Val. 72.

The 7750 typically has minutes at 12, seconds at 9, and hours at 6.

Rotating the movement (in the 6263 case) 90 degrees gives you a 9,6,3 subdial layout, but with the minutes at 9.

The 6263 has seconds at 9.

The 7750 has a cam which can be switched to change the subdial layout/configuration.

What I haven't been able to determine is whether the plate needs to be changed in addition to the cam mechanism.

My 7736 project continues. The movement is about 0.6 mm too wide to fit into the DW case, but, my watchsmith is looking to see if he can mill a little bit off the plate to allow it to fit. Otherwise, the case itself can be milled out abit to allow the movement to fit.

Garrett

The subdial layout can definitely be altered without a complete re-manufacture, but I am not exactly sure how it's done.

I've chatted with other watchsmiths about this procedure...the last over at WUS.

For certain it involves changing the cam on the movement, but I suspect it also includes changing the plate as well.

I was in contact with a watchsmith who used to do this, but I haven't been able to recontact him via email as late.

My current watchsmith says he can do it...if he can, I will post (here) what is involved.

Garrett