When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vintage military style watch suggestions

deltatahoe

so my brother (who isn't really into watches) asked me for some suggestions for where to get a vintage military style watch akin to something like the vintage timex jcrew currently has in its catalogs (click here). he also liked the first several watches on this page; i don't know anything about RLT watches, but i'm sure there are probably a hundred similar outfits out there.

anyways, just wanted to see if anyone here had any suggestions regarding a reliable source for a watch like this at a relatively reasonable price (i believe he'd like to spend less than $200 all in).

thanks in advance :victory:

deltatahoe

thanks for the suggestion ubi -- that is definitely along the right lines, although i'd really prefer to get him a watch with automatic movement...

any other suggestions folks? :clapping:

ideally i'm of something like a budget version of mkii's watches (without the six month wait :rolleyes:)

deltatahoe

You got CWC old British military watches

or

have a look at TimeFactors for Precista, Speedbird & other brands.

Never used this website but I found this MWC.

Otherwise you got "Smith" & "Record" but on these one the price will be more then 200$ & they are very rare.

I bought a CWC watch & should receive it this week. I can make a quick review if you want.

watch_nondateg10.gif

Best regards.

PS

If he can spend a just bit more or find a deal used, check out the Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic and Ollech & Wajs watches:

Both are historical brands although O&W is probably more true to it's history still being a small manufacturer whereas Hamilton is part of the huge Swatch conglomerate.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/Ollech&WajsWristWatchAll.html

And if he doesn't want to spend that much, the Khaki is available in...gasp...quartz for much less.

If he can spend a just bit more or find a deal used, check out the Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic and Ollech & Wajs watches:

Both are historical brands although O&W is probably more true to it's history still being a small manufacturer whereas Hamilton is part of the huge Swatch conglomerate.

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/Ollech&WajsWristWatchAll.html

another great suggestion hammy1 -- thanks ;)

keep them coming fellas :yeah:

deltatahoe

Here is one of the real classics:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MATHEY-TISSOT-MENS-WRIST-WATCH_W0QQitemZ260538991799QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWristwatches?hash=item3ca95584b

My Dad wore this model ashore on Omaha Beach in June of '44. He and the watch survived.

Mathey Tissot furnished thousands of watches to the US Military and also to the Royal Navy in WW II.

It doesn't get much more authentic in a military watch.

Carl