When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts on this 6263

JoJo35

Were it me, I would hang onto it & look/wait for a better dial, subdial hands (they look weird) & insert (the insert appears to be damaged around 3 o'clock). Possibly, also replace the crystal with a new beveled T21. The movement looks beautiful (hopefully, its internal condition matches its outward appearance). Why are you considering selling it?

Thanks for your input guys. There's lots of gen parts in this one, including a gen dome Tropic 21, and pushers/crown (not to mention other special parts ;)). I have a gen black dial for it, and gen hands too.

I'm considering another rare gen piece, so my reps are all going to be parted out

Thanks for your input guys. There's lots of gen parts in this one, including a gen dome Tropic 21, and pushers/crown (not to mention other special parts ;)). I have a gen black dial for it, and gen hands too.

If you have a gen dial/handset, why are they not installed? :g: And, once installed, why in the world would you ever consider selling it? :bangin: I mean, the only thing better than a nearly gen PN is an all-gen PN :whistling: ........& what you have (with the gen dial/handset) would be more than close enough to my way of thinking. How could you possibly trade up from that? :g: What are you trading it for? A Patek 3974? :shock: That is about the only place to go when you reach this level.

If you have a gen dial/handset, why are they not installed? :g: And, once installed, why in the world would you ever consider selling it? :bangin: I mean, the only thing better than a nearly gen PN is an all-gen PN :whistling: ........& what you have (with the gen dial/handset) would be more than close enough to my way of thinking. How could you possibly trade up from that? :g: What are you trading it for? A Patek 3974? :shock: That is about the only place to go when you reach this level.

I know what he wants.....I know what he wants.....nananabooboo

PS: Here's a thread I started a couple years ago about this watch. I ended up buying it soon after I posted that thread, and then just by chance, along came the opportunity to buy a gorgeous gen 6263 that I couldn't pass up. I was still in the "gathering" phase of this project when I bought the gen.

I do ... and worth every penny. (and then some)

And come to think of it, more than a gen did when first introduced

And I will re - ask (a'la Freddy333) why are the dial and hands not installed?

You must have something reallllllllllly great lined up.