When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster Pro.

Fendi

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone can give me an answer to the following query that I have. Is it possible to pop the bezel on this watch (images attached - hope they are clear enough) in the way that is shown in this link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ev6DJT0P4U , or is there another solution?

If not I guess I will have to try and live with it, or give it to a friend and get another :).

Many thanks.

post-4725-126842779853_thumb.jpg

post-4725-126842780617_thumb.jpg

Hi Fendi, sorry but it's absolutely impossible to fix. Can't be done. Send it to me.

:tu:

In all seriousness (is that a word?) just get a blade under that bezel, like a Daytona 6263, and work your way around, prying gently. Be patient and it'll pop up. Then put it exactly where you want it, and press it back on. I use a hockey puck with a strategically sized hole in the middle.

Roger that, Jeff. If it has a clear "bakelite" reverse-printed insert, you DON'T want to twist the bezel much for fear of cracking the insert. Give it lots of small, incremental lifts as you work around and around the bezel. Likewise when you press it back on, a (very) little lube between the crystal and bezel helps it press on better and reduce chances of cracking the insert or crystal. Also you might put some tape on top of the lugs before you twist against them, so you don't mar the finish.

If it was me I'd just use a frickin' crowbar and pry it off. :o But that's me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In all seriousness (is that a word?) just get a blade under that bezel, like a Daytona 6263, and work your way around, prying gently. Be patient and it'll pop up. Then put it exactly where you want it, and press it back on. I use a hockey puck with a strategically sized hole in the middle.

Just found that thread and fixed the bezel on my tool-watch ;)

Thanks Nanuq for the hint!