When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fantastic SMP Chrono

By-Tor

Actually I posted this new studio shot to the wristies thread already but why not post it again. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Old School SMP Chrono with genuine insert = unbeatable! How can any Omega rep ever top this I wonder...

3-1.jpg

Sure its a great looking OMEGA :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Why is not the 000OMSE01027 Planet Ocean 45.5 Chrono SS/SS Blk/Bez/Wht 7750 Mod (as seen on PERFECTclones) your favorite By-Tor?

www.perfect-hour.com/000omse01027-planet-ocean-chrono-ssss-blkbezwht-7750-p-5866.html

Its more modern and not as accurate...whats your take on it :g: not tried it?

I am wearing mine which has the K222 AR treatment and is on a genuine Omega, twin-ridged blue leather band. I have a spare Swiss 7750 and I am intending to buy a set of genuine hands to complete a movement swap. Maybe a gen crown & tube too?? Totally agree that this is the best Omega rep. It lives alongside my gen 2254.50 and Speedy Pro without any problem.

The shape, fit and finish of the case on this rep places it in a class of its own. On many reps the rotating bezel is a bit of a let-down, but not in this instance.

I am wearing mine which has the K222 AR treatment and is on a genuine Omega, twin-ridged blue leather band. I have a spare Swiss 7750 and I am intending to buy a set of genuine hands to complete a movement swap. Maybe a gen crown & tube too?? Totally agree that this is the best Omega rep. It lives alongside my gen 2254.50 and Speedy Pro without any problem.

The shape, fit and finish of the case on this rep places it in a class of its own. On many reps the rotating bezel is a bit of a let-down, but not in this instance.

How about some pictures of yours T?

She's a real beauty By-Tor!

• 2 weeks later...

How did you remove the bezel? I couldnot get mine off and neither could me watchsmith. That's why I sold

my gen bezel. I had already done gen dial/crystal, but wanted the bezel. :black_eye:

I never removed the bezel. Just the old insert. I attached the new gen insert on the watch while the bezel was intact all the time.

• 8 months later...

Hey bro

Could you please show us a tutorial on how to do this?

That would really help:) :rolleyes:

@ Naeems :bangin:

Do you have any idea how long good tutorials and reviews even take Naeems? Sometimes several hours or more.... Granted the tutorial is a simple Bezel insert replacement. Asking By-tor to do a tutorial for your own pleasure is kind of self-centered don't you think? Besides.. the forum already HOLDS THE ANSWERS!

To answer your question.. Since you can't seem to find the answers for yourself.

Take the small blade of pocketknife and very carefully pry it under the bezel insert and very carefully work your way around the bezel, it should come off.. It's only held on by glue.

@ Naeems :bangin:

Do you have any idea how long good tutorials and reviews even take Naeems? Sometimes several hours or more.... Granted the tutorial is a simple Bezel insert replacement. Asking By-tor to do a tutorial for your own pleasure is kind of self-centered don't you think? Besides.. the forum already HOLDS THE ANSWERS!

To answer your question.. Since you can't seem to find the answers for yourself.

Take the small blade of pocketknife and very carefully pry it under the bezel insert and very carefully work your way around the bezel, it should come off.. It's only held on by glue.

Oh ok sounds easy enough..

Viva espana ;)

About removing the bezel; be extremely careful. I don't recommend doing this without the proper tools (especially these higher quality SMPs) because you will likely bend the bezel when forcing it out. The SMP Chrono's bezel insert is probably one of the nicest rep SMP inserts available today and is virtually impossible to purchase separately. It's more accurate than any aftermarket SMP insert I've seen. I have tried multiple times from a few dealers and none would be able to buy a replacement insert for me (seems like the factories are doing this on purpose). So when you are prying one out, be extra careful or you will regret it. It may be a good idea let the watch face soak in a pool of acetone for awhile to soften & dissolve the glue.

About removing the bezel; be extremely careful. I don't recommend doing this without the proper tools (especially these higher quality SMPs) because you will likely bend the bezel when forcing it out. The SMP Chrono's bezel insert is probably one of the nicest rep SMP inserts available today and is virtually impossible to purchase separately. It's more accurate than any aftermarket SMP insert I've seen. I have tried multiple times from a few dealers and none would be able to buy a replacement insert for me (seems like the factories are doing this on purpose). So when you are prying one out, be extra careful or you will regret it. It may be a good idea let the watch face soak in a pool of acetone for awhile to soften & dissolve the glue.

+1