When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM177G or PAM061......how should I call it?

hiker01

Been busy the past weeks working on some Panerai projects and here's the first that got done! The problem is, which model should I call it.....

PAM177G or PAM061.

Based on my research, this is very close to the PAM177G, here's the GEN:

pam177gen.jpg

The PAM061 is suppose to be a dark brown dial, but some sites says more of Anthracite, most pictures of what I've seen looks like this GEN:

pam061.jpg

So, experts......or not, what 'dya think? Here it is:

pam177.jpg

pam177b.jpg

pam177c.jpg

pam177a.jpg

pam177f.jpg

pam177d.jpg

pam177g.jpg

pam177e.jpg

Wristshots:

pam177wrst1.jpg

This one looks more like the 061:

pam177wrst.jpg

Thanks for looking!

If it is going to be a closed back and your dial is tobacco (deep chocolate brown), then 061. If it is a display back, with and E/F/G engraved movement, and dial is black then 177G. The 061 dial is definitely not Anthracite, nor textured like the Anthracite ones.

looks great, F!...

well done...

R-

Thanks R-! BTW: I'll be in NY/NJ from tomorrow till Sun., give me a buzz if you have time!

Actually, I'm not sure if there ever was a rep 177G display back. But I could be wrong.

LOL! Another search! I saw the 177g and 061 online doing some research on Vintage PAMs and since I had a spare DSN Dial that looks like the 177g and a spare Jackson Tse Ti case, but was too shiny (I modded the case to look similar to the 177g and I think it came out ok!), so I thought, why not! Now the search for the caseback begins!

Thanks, Drulee!

Hike

What did you do the JTse case to make it look better? Just 3M brushing, or more?

Too bad there wasn't an F series 177 - as there is an F series rep display back. I just used said back for the 118F I just finished building (pics coming soon :) ).

Got the idea from Lani....soak it in 1 cup of OxyClean and 1 cup of water for 24 hrs! When I took it out, it scared the crap out of me koz it looked like it turned into brass....literally that's how it look like! But, I cape codded it for 10 mins, left it on for 30 mins and polished it, and ......viola! As you could see it came out kinda dullish Ti! Looks like the Ti case of my 036:

pam036a.jpg