When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cheap Hotels Or Similar In Nyc

slay

can anyone recommend something where I could stay for about 9-10days in NYC (preferably Manhattan, if not manhattan, no brooklyn or harlem please!) which costs less than 100$ a night during New Years (week before and after).

2 years ago I stayed at Hotel Pennsylvania in Midtown Manhattan. It was OK there, the room pretty much sucked, but the location was superb and the price was low (about 70$ a night). Afterall, I just needed a place to sleep, I was out all day anyway. But that wasnt around New Years, it was during spring.

Short answer, No, NY is mega expensive for accomodation, and especially aroung christmas and new year. Last time I was there I stayed in some artsy place next to the sex museum, and it was a crappy room with no complimentary meals or anything, just plain old crappy twin room, and that was costing almost $200 a night, between $150 and $200, it changed every night lol.

Can't remember the name of the place, it begins with a G, and was named after an artist of some sort.

Anyway, will be pretty tough to get accom for that price range, lemme know if you manage it, and lemme know what the rooms are like lol.

We used to stay at Hotel Metro on W. 35th just west of Fifth Ave., it used to be quite inexpensive, but last time I checked rooms were around $200 a night. Superb midtown location.

The cool part was the rooftop deck, you could see almost the entire Empire State Bldg. as the hotel was 2 blocks north of it.

Good luck, I hope you find something decent.

Might look into some of these, http://www.newyorkmetro.com/urban/guides/n...avel/hotels.htm

Also, check the book store for guides on NYC bed & breakfast type places. Hotel room rates have soared in the past few years so you'll have to get off the beaten path.

Book well in adavance during this time of the year. Manhattan is jammed packed with tourists during the Holidays. I get a few phone calls myself. :)

Thanks, I'll check it out and see what I can find!

I found a site that offers New Years trips, the rooms would just be 70$ a night in midtown manhattan at a pretty decent 2 star hotel right accross the basketball stadium and penn station, plus flight (which is around 500), but the trip is for 5days only and I wanna stay more than 5 days for sure!

There are perks to that hotel next to Madison Square Garden. It is most likely across the street from a "gentlemen's club" if it its the one I am thinking about. :lol: There are youth hostels as well. I know there is one on 94th between Lex and Third. I see people outside of it all the time. :)

In the current environment a good price for a "reasonable" hotel is typically closer to $300 unless you find one on one of the travel websites that is offering a special. I am sure you know that the minute you go over the bridge into Queens (directly across from mid town) prices fall dramatically. $2.00 AND 10-15 minutes and you are mid-town via the Subway. :)

I stayed in a Hostel on 55th (or 56th..) a few months back, call the 381 or some name like that. Easy to find on travel sites. It wasn't flash but was comfortable, affordardable and really handy to subways, central park, broardway, etc. Cost was under $100 per night.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to make a reservation for the Park Central New York Hotel - can anyone here tell me anything about it?

looks pretty neat, its a lot more than 100$ a night, but I decided that since I only live once, I waste all the money, which I saved for a long time, on a hotel where I feel comfortable. And since its winter, we'll probably be screwing a lot, so the both of us need a nice (large) room.

Check out the Club Quarters Midtown too stayed there during my last trip to NYC and only paid around $130 to $140... only three minutes away from the Broadway... and two nice ladies at the check-in desk... :whistling:

Can't remember the site i booked the hotel but it was over an site site giving hints for using priceline...

travelscout24.de has got teriffic prices!

I know in general this one isn't cheap but there had been one or two sites with really cheap prices for this hotel... just can't remember where i found them... found the site by accident when i searched for hints to use priceline...