When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pulled the trigger

scotty

Well....after much debating I've pulled the trigger on the latest, greatest, ultimate, no nonsense, really it's the best....DSSD.

From the start I've never been a rollie fan, mostly due to the size. I always felt the Sea Dweller and Submariner were a fraction small.

Since the V5 (V5.1, V5.2 or whatever) was reached, I've liked it more....

Have a gen 45.5mm PO so the width should be OK, but I'm still unsure over the height of this beast. Still - we'll see when it arrives.

So I'm joining the club as it were. Wish me luck, and convince me I've done the right thing.....

Will do a summary and pics when I have it in my hands...

Oooh....

Opted for Mary to try her.

Correct bezel comes seperately so I'm not sure to try to do the swap and mod myself ala Lani / Gio, or send it to a modder.....

But there was a nice price difference even with the corrected bezel not assembled.....

Her communication and pics so far have been excellent. Not lets see how the shipping and actual watch go...

Well - received pics and I have a query over the crystal height with respect to the bezel.

The gen looks to be flush level.

Reps I'm not so sure about.

This is what I've been sent as my watch

post-3909-126894966378_thumb.jpg

post-3909-126894967677_thumb.jpg

post-3909-126894969119_thumb.jpg

Based on these it looks like the crystal is a little higher than the bezel edge.

Is this normal and acceptable for this rep in the 316F V5 version?

It's not sent yet - will be probably tomorrow....so any help greatly appreciated.

The correct 10 marked bezel insert will come seperate.

congrats scotty, i also bought the ultimate with correct bezel and stuff, not for me its a present, but its a nice watch and cool locking :thumbsupsmileyanim:

from where is yours?

regards

and a little teaser of the watch i bought ;)

dssdv5lume2s.jpg

That's an awesome watch, bro, and a fantastic gift, I'm sure the recipient will love it :victory:

The "Cartel Ultimate" which you have pictured here, has a crystal which stands far proud of the bezel insert. The Eurotimez v5 crystal is flush with the bezel insert as per the Gen. If you asked for an "Ultimate" then the watch in the photo is the correct watch.

Im not sure why Im seeing so many people use the term "ultimate V5" recently ... they are 2 different watches as far as I know.

@ Deniz I really like the pearl in your DSSD!

jkay do you know how the crystal on this version is?

thank you jkay, yes it looks real nice, and the rest of the watch also :D but its not in may hands, i think tomorrow :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thank you T :) its for my brother in law, he helped me alot with my car repair costs, so i decided to give him something back and he always liked the seadweller, i hope he likes it , its his first rep :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

btw :) jkay your deepsee i your signature, looks realy good too, is it a gen ?? looks like gen to me :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks denz

thank you T :) its for my brother in law, he helped me alot with my car repair costs, so i decided to give him something back and he always liked the seadweller, i hope he likes it , its his first rep :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks denz

That's a really nice gesture, I'm sure he'll appreciate it :good::tu:

The DSSD in my sig photo is not gen. It's a mid-2009 V5 from Eurotimez, bought before the slanted dial problem they had in late 2009.

The picture you have posted of your new DSSD is directly from the front, and it is very hard to tell how good the crystal to insert match is. It's a beautiful watch tho! that really is the best dssd pearl I've seen. Is it the new Josh bezel or???

Normally the Ultimate pearl is too tall. Yours looks really good!

Thanks guyz.

Well I wanted the 316F but with better dial etc, and the correct bezel insert for fitting.

So now I'm wondering if I should reject the watch because of the crystal, or go with it and later look for a better crystal.....

Any thoughts?

The DSSD in my sig photo is not gen. It's a mid-2009 V5 from Eurotimez, bought before the slanted dial problem they had in late 2009.

The picture you have posted of your new DSSD is directly from the front, and it is very hard to tell how good the crystal to insert match is. It's a beautiful watch tho! that really is the best dssd pearl I've seen. Is it the new Josh bezel or???

Normally the Ultimate pearl is too tall. Yours looks really good!

yes jkay its the new bezel from josh :) i will make some clear shots, when it arrives of course, yeah for me it looks also good on the pics, hopefully the profile of it is nice in the same way :)

Thanks guyz.

Well I wanted the 316F but with better dial etc, and the correct bezel insert for fitting.

So now I'm wondering if I should reject the watch because of the crystal, or go with it and later look for a better crystal.....

Any thoughts?

that depens scotty, how much did you paid for it, can she source you also the ultimate version from josh?

I'm interested as well, could you PM me the price please? :rolleyes:

I'm about to pull the trigger on the ultimate with mod from josh.

This is the same as the ultimate version from Josh (according to her).

Not sure it's good practice to show here what I paid...will PM you....

Well - received pics and I have a query over the crystal height with respect to the bezel.

The gen looks to be flush level.

Reps I'm not so sure about.

This is what I've been sent as my watch

post-3909-126894966378_thumb.jpg

post-3909-126894967677_thumb.jpg

post-3909-126894969119_thumb.jpg

Based on these it looks like the crystal is a little higher than the bezel edge.

Is this normal and acceptable for this rep in the 316F V5 version?

It's not sent yet - will be probably tomorrow....so any help greatly appreciated.

The correct 10 marked bezel insert will come seperate.

Hi there,

Now that I own a Gen DSSD I can tell you the crystal is pretty flush to the insert. There is only a slight raise above the insert where you see the edge of the crystal. That picture of the rep is way too high compared to the gen. If you are doing the bezel insert mod with the correct 10...that will sit higher and most likely be closer to gen than how it looks now.

There are "trusted" dealers who work on a smaller scale than the big guys. They charge substantially less for the watch you want, but there is no fancy web site to look at. It's all done in email with photo attachments.

And no, you shouldn't spread their prices around on the msg boards. It causes trouble for people.