When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do These Reps Have a "Gen-Like" Feel?

iceberg888

Sounds good bro :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have very sentitive skin(Eczema) I always keep a box of those desposable medical rubber gloves on my work bench/desk.There really thin and dont get In the way while working on my watches/bracelets. I also will give the dry chain oil a go one day, why not? :D I have brought some of my bracelets back from the dead. Give me a good old cape cod or polishing cloth and some good old baby oil(mineral oil with fragance) and Im ready to rock :punk::band1:

I really can't complain about the results :) If you have eczema, it might be worth trying a 'patch test' before wearing a freshly oiled bracelet, but, as mentioned, the petroleum should evaporate before causing any problems :) I think people have said that mineral oils were good ones to try, where other kinds of oil (like olive oil) would go rancid... I've heard good things about the dry chain lube, so indeed, one day it'll be good to try it :victory: I've not yet used cape cod cloth, but remember once that someone did have a reaction to it, but if you're okay with cape cod, sewing machine oil shouldn't be a problem :):drinks:

I really can't complain about the results :) If you have eczema, it might be worth trying a 'patch test' before wearing a freshly oiled bracelet, but, as mentioned, the petroleum should evaporate before causing any problems :) I think people have said that mineral oils were good ones to try, where other kinds of oil (like olive oil) would go rancid... I've heard good things about the dry chain lube, so indeed, one day it'll be good to try it :victory: I've not yet used cape cod cloth, but remember once that someone did have a reaction to it, but if you're okay with cape cod, sewing machine oil shouldn't be a problem :):drinks:

Thanks TeeJay, I appericate the suggestion. The Eczema only efects my hands. It a real [censored] when It flares up. My skin can crack and sometimes bleed. I have a special ointment that I use that keeps my hands In pretty good condition. It's the cold weather that I especially have to be aware. Thanks just the same :yu: the man :) Mike

Thanks TeeJay, I appericate the suggestion. The Eczema only efects my hands. It a real bitch when It flares up. My skin can crack and sometimes bleed. I have a special ointment that I use that keeps my hands In pretty good condition. It's the cold weather that I especially have to be aware. Thanks just the same :yu: the man :) Mike

Glad to be of help :):drinks: I have the reverse problem with my hands, as during the summer months, the skin tends to peel back from my fingertips... Never been able to figure out precisely why, and it never does it at other times if the year :g:

TeeJay & B16a2, thanks for the comments on PP/VC quality. I'm sure you're right in that it's unlikely that a replica would truly mimic the level of quality displayed by the real deal. Those watches are surely finished to an insane level. I just wanted to get a sense of whether it was laughably poor or at least impressive given the price differential. And if they are made to at least the level of other gens, I'm sure I could live with that. Of course it sounds like some models will need some work and won't necessarily be very convincing out of the box.