When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen submariner inserts question

rolexmaniac88

Dear fellow members,

I have an insert problem. 2 questions:

- is the insert from the 14060 is the same than the 16610?

- is the insert from the 16660 is the same than the 16610 (or any from a sea-dweller)?

- Is the insert from the 16800 is the same than the 16610 (this one i know the answer it is yes but i'd just like to get it confirmed)?

Thanks for all the help.

BTW, another question on the top of my head? Would a WM9 V3 BK could be turned into a tritium older 16610 without contradication (i was thinking lugholes, gen insert with tritium pearl and nice aging of the markers - i know the engraving would therefore be wrong but it doesn't bother to much) ? Give me your thoughts. Otherwise, i have a noobmariner who could fill up this place for this project.

14060 and 16660 inserts are not the same size as the 16800/16610 insert, they are smaller.

To build a tritium 16610, your best bet would be to check with Eurotimez and see if you can get a Euromariner V3 with the lugholes. I don't know if it's still avaiable or not. I got mine 1-1/2 to 2 years ago. This watch came with an A serial # which dates back to around 1998-9 as I recall. From there you enlarge the lugholes which is whole lot easier than drilling new ones from scratch. A tritium insert and tritium dial (Swiss- T<25) would complete the deal.

Here's a dirty pic of my Euromariner on the right next to a gen 16800. The Euromariner still has the noob dial and a gen luminova insert, gen crown and tube and MBW hollow mid-link 93150 w/ gen 501B end pieces.

P1000246-2-1-1-1.jpg

The 16800 has the tritium dial and hands, c. 1998-9, it still glows, and tritium insert. 93150 bracelet w/ 593 ends. The 16800 is an 8.1 mil SN and would have come with a matte dial originally, but obviously was serviced in the late 90's, at which time the new dial and hands were installed, maybe insert also.

All you can do is contact Chris at Eurotimez and see if it's still possible to get the A serial V3, it's worth a try. BTW, it's an MBW case with the almost somewhat correct bezel construction- you can install a gen insert and Clark's 295-C crystal (or it may come w/ the Clark's already installed).

Thanks a lot and i had completely forgot about the swiss T25 !!!!! You just prevented me from committing an enormous mistake!

14060 and 16660 inserts are not the same size as the 16800/16610 insert, they are smaller.

To build a tritium 16610, your best bet would be to check with Eurotimez and see if you can get a Euromariner V3 with the lugholes. I don't know if it's still avaiable or not. I got mine 1-1/2 to 2 years ago. This watch came with an A serial # which dates back to around 1998-9 as I recall. From there you enlarge the lugholes which is whole lot easier than drilling new ones from scratch. A tritium insert and tritium dial (Swiss- T<25) would complete the deal.

Here's a dirty pic of my Euromariner on the right next to a gen 16800. The Euromariner still has the noob dial and a gen luminova insert, gen crown and tube and MBW hollow mid-link 93150 w/ gen 501B end pieces.

P1000246-2-1-1-1.jpg

The 16800 has the tritium dial and hands, c. 1998-9, it still glows, and tritium insert. 93150 bracelet w/ 593 ends. The 16800 is an 8.1 mil SN and would have come with a matte dial originally, but obviously was serviced in the late 90's, at which time the new dial and hands were installed, maybe insert also.

All you can do is contact Chris at Eurotimez and see if it's still possible to get the A serial V3, it's worth a try. BTW, it's an MBW case with the almost somewhat correct bezel construction- you can install a gen insert and Clark's 295-C crystal (or it may come w/ the Clark's already installed).

That's a great deal rolexmaniac88! Add a tritium dial, a movement, maybe a datewheel overlay and away you go. You'd have a vintage tritium 16610 sub!

A few weeks ago I had a new datewheel put on my Euromariner- the original one was low in the window. I've got a tritium Comex sub dial which I'm thinking about getting relumed- I can't decide if I want to put it in the Euromariner or in the 16800 gen. Ultimately I'd like to put a tritium dial in the Euromariner, just haven't gotten there yet. I'm just enjoying the watch now that the DW is right!