When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Broken Breitling Navitmer 7750 help

smithdj10

Hi, I've been using the forum for about 18 months and initially it helped me to decide to buy a Breitling Navitmer 7750 from one of our trusted sellers. After using Chieftangs(sp?) AR service, and purchasing Waccex straps I had a watch that looked extremely nice & I was proud of.

Then disaster......

I took off to do the washing up, grabbed it and went to help put my little boy to bed, when I dropped it from about 4 foot onto our wooden floor.

Since then, it stopped working -((

So my question is - can anyone recommend someone who might take a look a it for me? (I'm willing to pay - I don't expect it for free!)

or

Is it worth having it looked at, or do I just take the $250 hit & buy another?

The Zigmeister! Now that's a name I remember from a while back!

I take it he's a member of this board & I should pm him?

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Edited by smithdj10

To bad about the Nav, I can understand your disappointment :black_eye: I have a SA that I banged against the garage door about thre months ago. I had grocerys In both hands and smashed the watch really hard against the door. I closed my eyes and was afraid to look at the watch. I had taken a small devit out of the door. I looked at the watch and could see nothing wrong. :g: How could this be? I guess I got lucky because the watch has never shown any signs of damage. I think It keeps even better time now. I like to call this "self regulation" ;) good luck :) Mike

I have a SA that I banged against the garage door about thre months ago. I had grocerys In both hands and smashed the watch really hard against the door. I closed my eyes and was afraid to look at the watch. I had taken a small devit out of the door. I looked at the watch and could see nothing wrong. :g: How could this be? I guess I got lucky because the watch has never shown any signs of damage. I think It keeps even better time now. I like to call this "self regulation" ;) good luck :) Mike

warning-sign-300x250.png

WARNING!

protective eye wear must be worn when carrying out this procedure,

btw....a service for this watch will probably cost $200 wounded1.gif

That is for a full service on a A7750. Completely tearing the movement apart, cleaning it and reassembling it with 5 different kinds of oil/lube.

If it is some thing simple, then it is going to be cheaper then that. Was working on another members watch over the weekend that had just stopped... After de-casing the movement I remove the balance..the hacking lever had broken off from the sliding pinion and was wedged up against the balance wheel. Pulled the broken hacking lever piece out and reinstalled the balance...she fired right up.

From my limited experience there are a couple of piece in the chrono working that easy failures and when they go, they get lodged into the balance causing the movement to stop.

That is for a full service on a A7750. Completely tearing the movement apart, cleaning it and reassembling it with 5 different kinds of oil/lube.

If it is some thing simple, then it is going to be cheaper then that. Was working on another members watch over the weekend that had just stopped

If it is some thing simple, then it is going to be cheaper then that. Was working on another members watch over the weekend that had just stopped... After de-casing the movement I remove the balance..the hacking lever had broken off from the sliding pinion and was wedged up against the balance wheel. Pulled the broken hacking lever piece out and reinstalled the balance...she fired right up.

From my limited experience there are a couple of piece in the chrono working that easy failures and when they go, they get lodged into the balance causing the movement to stop.

I like my watch so much, that I'd probably pay that.

Mike - drop me a PM if you can help me out.