When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

question for movement of planet ocean!

Guest tolis

Guest tolis

i buy yesterday a new planet ocean 45mm!but in few ours the movement loose 4 minutes and then work great!i put again the right time and after 13 ours lost again 3-4 minutes and then work great!what can i do?i go the watch for service?its new!!!!or i tell to dealer whats happen?thanks

If it's losing or gaining a few minutes every few hours, it's definitely not normal. Now, look closely at your seconds hand. Does it sweep smoothly in an equal fashion aross all 60 seconds? If you see the hand momentarily "jump" or "freeze" somewhere, then that's the obvious problem. In any case, you'll need to tell your dealer; they'll need to give you another watch or swap out your 21J movement. Good luck!

Edited by beyondx4

If it's losing or gaining a few minutes every few hours, it's definitely not normal. Now, look closely at your seconds hand. Does it sweep smoothly in an equal fashion aross all 60 seconds? If you see the hand momentarily "jump" or "freeze" somewhere, then that's the obvious problem. In any case, you'll need to tell your dealer; they'll need to give you another watch or swap out your 21J movement. Good luck!

agree

+2 get it swapped or if you dont want to go throught the hassle of sending it back get the movement checked, serviced or swapped

If it is new you should tell your dealer. Your dealer will probably tell you to have it fixed locally, and they will share the cost of repair OR send it back to China.

Asia 21j is a very cheap thing to replace with new.

nicoz - 5 minutes a month is 1'15" a week or 11 seconds a day. That is close to Swiss COSC specifications. If you want it to be more accurate than this, you must have it serviced and regulated.