When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I have a (dumb) question

AeroMike

Well, I got in my first watch and I will post pics tomorrow. It is a Blackbird big date :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Over all I like the watch, Andrew is even sending me an extra link because apparently I have a large wrist and it fits snug and that is with it set to maximum width.

On to my question, I was wearing the watch today and I shook my wrist to move the watch off of the angle it was sitting on my wrist. Immediately, it started making a sound. I did it again and listened to it and it sounded like a spring that was unraveling. The watch works fine and nothing stops when this happens AND.........since I have NEVER owned a watch that I needed to wind (always batteries) I wonder if I did not wind it up enough :g: . I made a few turns with it and didn't press my luck since I didn't want to break it.

Also, the wifey loves the watch and asked me today when am I ordering my next one and which one will it be (DANG WOMAN! I just got this first watch Wednesday, lol....I LOVE YOU! :wub: ) I was thinking about the Ult V2 Skyland Avenger, or the Chronomatic SS with black face, white sub-dials and a black leather band (jsut like the one on the header at Andrews site trustytime). I wonder if the band would fit my wrist??? or even a Chronomat B01. I can not decide, what can you suggest?

As always, thanks for your time,

is the sound a buzzing like something unwinding?...or is it a loose part/clinking sound?...sometimes the rotors can come loose and you here that rattling around...a simply small screwdriver fix...if you want to "investigate", wad up some packing/duct tape into a small ball - sticky side out...and then press down on the case back to unscrew it...it should come off fairly easily - at least most of my Breits do...then take a look carefully...btw - the rotor spins with hand motion to wind your watch...sometimes you do here then spin...if loud, a watchsmith can fix it with some watch oil/lube...

regarding your next Breitling - i would suggest this one :whistling: :

R-

btw - here's a link of my Blackbird - blue lumed applied...and now i'm waiting on the crystal which is getting double AR coating...

the Blackbird is a fantastic watch...one of my absolute favorites...so i decided to customize it...cool...cool blue!...

R-

is the sound a buzzing like something unwinding?...or is it a loose part/clinking sound?...sometimes the rotors can come loose and you here that rattling around...a simply small screwdriver fix...if you want to "investigate", wad up some packing/duct tape into a small ball - sticky side out...and then press down on the case back to unscrew it...it should come off fairly easily - at least most of my Breits do...then take a look carefully...btw - the rotor spins with hand motion to wind your watch...sometimes you do here then spin...if loud, a watchsmith can fix it with some watch oil/lube...

regarding your next Breitling - i would suggest this one :whistling: :

R-

It sounds more like something unwinding. Did you ever have a toy car that you would wind up and set down and it would go? remember that unwinding sound? that is the noise I hear, not too loud and only lasting maybe a second or two.

The wifey says she likes the Skyland Avenger PVD Ult V2, so it looks like I am getting that one next. It would've been super-cool to get serial number 787/2000 since I am an aerospace engineer for Boeing on the 787 Dreamliner.

BTW, that blue lum is just KILLER!

ummmm...that unwinding isn't right...you probably should send it back to the dealer...contact him and explain the problem...i wouldn't wait on it...sometimes this happens - but better to deal with your dealer now...it'll be frustrating to wait for the return and back...but it's all part of this hobby...but definitely isn't right...sounds like an unwinding of a winding gear - that should not slip like that...

thanks on the blue lume...sexy on the BB...and btw - you can't go wrong with the Blacksteel...its a sharp piece!...

R-

ummmm...that unwinding isn't right...you probably should send it back to the dealer...contact him and explain the problem...i wouldn't wait on it...sometimes this happens - but better to deal with your dealer now...it'll be frustrating to wait for the return and back...but it's all part of this hobby...but definitely isn't right...sounds like an unwinding of a winding gear - that should not slip like that...

thanks on the blue lume...sexy on the BB...and btw - you can't go wrong with the Blacksteel...its a sharp piece!...

R-

Ok, email sent to the dealer. I can only imagine what the cost is going to be to send this back, ouch! and to think, when I told him that the band was too snug on my wrist, he said he was sending out an extra link for me no problems, I thought that was awesome!

Edited by AeroMike

Andrew is top shelf...he'll make it right...it'll be frustrating to you to send it back - as its your first one...but that's sometimes how it goes...better to get it right than have it die quickly on you...

good luck and let us know how the process goes...feedback is always good...

R-

Andrew is top shelf...he'll make it right...it'll be frustrating to you to send it back - as its your first one...but that's sometimes how it goes...better to get it right than have it die quickly on you...

good luck and let us know how the process goes...feedback is always good...

R-

Yea, Andrew has already replied to my email. I am going to see if I can capture the sound on video for him. I will post it tomorrow if I can.

Did it happen just once, or have you been able to make the watch repeat the sound? Give it a good 40 cranks on the crown to wind it and then try to get it to make the noice again. Once it does (if it does) set the watch down. It should continue to run for 40-26 hours. If not, then I would say there is some thing wrong.

Did it happen just once, or have you been able to make the watch repeat the sound? Give it a good 40 cranks on the crown to wind it and then try to get it to make the noice again. Once it does (if it does) set the watch down. It should continue to run for 40-26 hours. If not, then I would say there is some thing wrong.

what Mike said... :pardon:

I get the feeling It's a really free spinning rotor. The reason I say that is because I have two watches that have simular sounds due to actions. My Omega sometimes is sitting on my wrist a certain way and I will wiggle my wrist. The rotor will spin and make a winding type sound. But It has that wobble comming from with Inside the watch. If your not feeling that wobble than I would say it's "not the rotor", good luck. :drinks: Mike (ps)or what Mike said :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I would say it is just a spinning rotor too, being deaf i can still hear some 7750 rotor spinning, wear it for a day and see what the power reserve is 40 hours is about normal.

Love the Blackbird

DSC00745.jpg

Damit Andy, you just had to go and show your BB. Well there is another one on the list :shock: Beautiful Breitling, love that bracelet :wub: Mike

They are nice and big, but not too blingy thankfully. I no longer have that one on a bracelet VikkyRob has it I swapped for BCE when i fixed my broken BB so now i have the one on leather with the ocean racer clasp, now that is nice!

DSCF0565.jpg

btw - here's a link of my Blackbird - blue lumed applied...and now i'm waiting on the crystal which is getting double AR coating...

the Blackbird is a fantastic watch...one of my absolute favorites...so i decided to customize it...cool...cool blue!...

R-

That sure is a nice touch with the blue. I wonder if I could have it done in orange?

A-Mike...yes, you can have it done in any color lume...The Zigmeister did mine...he's a master...he stripped out all the old lume and relumed it with the tritec blue lume...tritec also has orange lume...go for it!...it's cool to create a unique piece...

R-

A-Mike...yes, you can have it done in any color lume...The Zigmeister did mine...he's a master...he stripped out all the old lume and relumed it with the tritec blue lume...tritec also has orange lume...go for it!...it's cool to create a unique piece...

R-

That is Indeed one cool bird, very nice :thumbsupsmileyanim: