When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera Chrono Silver

niveknow

Hello all,

I'm new to RWG and this exciting world. I picked up my first "real" replica (haha)a few days ago and after reading this site. I previously had a "cheapo" Tag Carrera that I picked up in Saigon while on vacation and loved it. Knowing what I know now, I think it was a cheap asian automatics movement, but served me well for a couple years of daily wear until I lost it when the band broke. So I decided to buy a new and improved replica from Josh. Picked up the same Carrera Chrono silver a7750.

The mechanics look and feel ok, but the dial seems a little odd to me. The 9 o'clock subdial seems very white against the silver dial. So white that it actually looks odd to me. It actually stands out enough that I wonder why the designers would intentionally make it this way, so I guessed it was a flaw in my rep. This topic was discussed awhile back on the following

So I'm curious if anyone has picked up on recently. If so, how does your 9 subdial look? Some of the pics from Colin's review shows it a lighter color, but still in the silver range where as mine looks like a white or cream. Anyone bought one recently? Thanks!

I also picked up the black one the same time I picked up my original silver. It was a crap copy but it surprisingly still runs today. When I say crap, I mean the outer bezel doesn't even have the tachy, but it's my beat up watch. Let's hope other silver owners chime in. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As the lucky winner of the silver Carrera in the mega raffle, (thanks again guys!), I got it today and it does have a cream colored sub-dial at 9 o'clock. Beautiful watch I must say, and having never been a huge fan of Tag I was quite surprised at how much I like it.

The only visible difference I see between it and what Tag has on their site is that the bezel on mine is black and on the gen it's SS.