When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Off to Montreal....

b16a2

So tomorrow I am relocating to Montreal for six months with work. It still seems a bit surreal, and Im sure it will become more like reality tomorrow when I am on the way to Heathrow.

Firstly, I know we have a few Canadians on this board, so if anyone fancies meeting up whilst I'm over there let me know.

Secondly.....I am an avid F1 fan and it is the one thing I watch on TV that I just can't miss :) Is there anyway of steaming the F1 over there, or is it shown on the normal Canadian channels?

Thanks for your help :)

Looking forward to having you as an adopted Canadian for the summer mate! As far as F1 goes, it is shown on TSN (The Sports Network) across Canada. Not sure what your cable situation will be, but you should have nor problems seeing it. Don't forget the Canadian GP is in Montreal in early June. You should try and make it, its a great venue!

Thanks Andrew, certainly looking forward to being over there!

I have just checked the itinery, and it says the apartment has cable TV. Is it like the UK though....we have Sky TV, and you have to pay extra for things like Sports and Movies, or is TSN one of the normal channels on Cable in Canada?

As for the Canadian GP...it was one of the first things I booked tickets to :)

The GP at Montreal is a must-see. I was there in '98 to see Schumacher win and Fisichella almost-win, which he did quite often in Canada! The track is good, but it was the energy of the city during the race weekend that really appealed to me. Very alive, very fun. I'm not sure why I never went back, but it's more to do with a lack of funds than a lack of desire. Those tickets aren't cheap.

Of course, if you're used to Silverstone prices, you'll probably find Montreal tickets to be a bargain!

Hey yo,

We are trading places as I leave for London in May.

TSN is a normal cable channel. You will get it for sure...though it might be in French in Montreal...

Cheers.

Anguz