When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cyma/Doxa 300T on the Bay

redwatch

Yessiree that's a rare bird. Doxa, Cyma and Ernest Borel formed a partnership in the late '60s and this is one of theirs. And it's CHEAP right now! Please someone grab this!

watching it........ :D

It looks to be in good shape but it won't be waterproof with that crown. Offshore can set you up with an aftermarket screwdown crown and tube that looks exactly like the one on my Black Lung, minus the Doxa logo.

Good luck, I'll watch you win this one!

They say beauty is in the eye of the beer holder. To some that Cyma will be worth more than its Doxa counterpart due to its rarity; to others it has to have the name Doxa on the dial or it's worthless. To the hard-core collector I would vote for the Cyma name because it's more obscure, in the same Tonneau case.

Most people will say "ehhhh, it's missing the Doxa logo" and a few people will say "Good Lord it's a real Cyma in a Doxa case!" I guess the price all depends on who is bidding on this watch. You might find a rabid collector all over it, or you might find very little interest. I'm guessing it will go for around $1,000.

Good luck!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but look what the Doxa Bible has to say about this one...

"When it comes to lettering and logos on the DOXA SUB dials, one of the rarest dial artifacts has to be the word Cyma. Image 334 shows an image from an undated Cyma sales brochure.The photo is not particularly clear but the word Cyma can be made out in the position where it would normally say DOXA. Cyma was one of the major Swiss watch manufacturers who joined with DOXA in November 1968 to form Synchron SA. The Cyma dial SUBs were produced in a very low number but it seems that the markets for the Cyma brand did not accept an orange face dive watch. Realizing this, the Synchron group stopped manufacturing the Cyma SUB immediately. This watch is a very rare SUB 300T indeed. What is also interesting about image 334 is that although the dial color is orange, the watch is called a SUB 300T Sharkhunter."

There you have it, one of THE rarest SUB 300T models. So far nobody "over there" has 'fessed up to winning it.

Yeah the Doxa Bible shows a photo of that exact watch but with an orange dial... still labeled a Sharkhunter. :g:

Rarities and oddities abound in the subculture called Doxa.