When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 1680 White Submariner

JamesJackson

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an MBK 1680 Submariner with the hopes of preforming the following mods.

A Gen Crystal

A Gen insert

A relumed Dial and hands

A Gen tube and crown

However the only problem is these will be the first mods I've ever done. So any advice or suggestions of any kind would be a big help!

Also who could I get to relume the dial and hands in the United States?

Thanks a lot!

Before you even find a modder, you need to start checking ebay and see if you can't pick up the parts.

1. Crown- using a 24-703-0 crown will be the easiest

2. Case tube- PN 24-7030-0, but most people use the aftermarket tubes and do just fine. I've bought the last 3 from wholesaleoutlet990, but Yuki has one out for $12, haven't tried it yet

3. Bezel insert- these aren't cheap for the tritium vintage ones. A lot of people use the PMWF insert and a pearl from Ofrei

4. I heard Kent Parks is hard to get a hold of (Everestwatchworks?), and Ziggy is even harder, but you just have to keep trying. An old 1680 won't have any glow left in the lume, so if you don't relume, it's OK also.

5. T-127's are around- you just have to keep your eyes peeled- you should be able to pick up a gen for under $50. clark's has a decent aftermarket for a good price also.

Once you have all the parts then you can find a modder.

Welcome aboard.