When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you are in the DC area

freddy333

Rolex is sponsoring the 50th anniversary of the original Deep Sea watch at Liljenquist jewelers. From the invite - 'Meet U.S. Navy Captain Don Walsh, who piloted the historic bathyscaphe to 35,180 feet. See the Rolex Deepsea Special, never before seen by the public.'

Hurry, the event ends at 2pm today.

Can we wear a rep there? :bicycle:

Of couse, it'd be like going to a sci-fi convention dressed as your favorite character :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Joking aside, what an awesome event, if I lived in the US, that's the kind of event I would make every effort to attend :victory: I hope everyone attending has a great time :drinks:

I wish I had taken my camera. They even took the Deepsea out of its case to allow people to take pics & people were taking ALOT of pics. The event was nicely catered with constantly flowing champagne for whoever stops in. Oddly, there were more Rolex company & media people there than the general public (I was 1 of only a handful of people not connected to the event when I was there around noon).

If you go, also check out the 3 cars on display on the lower level of the mall (a black Maserati, yellow Lamborghini & white Ferrari).

Did you try on a DSSD Freddy?

I assume you mean the 50-year old version & not the current model. No, but the thing is so huge & hideously ugly that I felt no remorse in leaving the store without a try-on. However, I did try on the white gold Daytona again (the steel Daytona, according to the store, continues to be in very limited supply), which is still a looker & it may have provided the inspiration I need to finally get around to correcting the lume problems on my rep's dial

blackdaytonasnow0161.jpg