When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Volcano Dust Will delay our Replicas?

gran

Will the dust delay our shippments significantly?

Have a replica and lots of straps and deployments on the way to be shipped up here to Norway these days...wonder how the shippments from Asia, USA and the like will be affect by the currenet Vocano dust..maybe delayed by 4-5 days or so?

Just imagine what will happend to our shippments if the Volcano Katla on Island also wakes up...severly blocking airtrafic even more than at present

katla.jpg

Photograph of Katla volcano erupting through M

I was thinking about this very thing last night. And, my best guess is yes, there will be some very significant delays.

With the disorganization that will result because of the lack of air movement, I fully expect storage facilities at various customs and shipper locations to fill beyond capacity. This will further complicate the matter of packages possibly getting lost in all the last minute adjustment that will be required to store, track and prioritize the mailing of packages. As these folks get more creative in fixing the issue, protocols and procedures will be adjusted, or avoided in order to expedite the massive send-off that is to come once the skies clear. This will, no doubt, result in lost packages. Hopefully, this will not affect any members here.