When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Not Only The Asian 7750 Has Problems... 'caliber 13': Same Story!

Rolexman

A friend of mine got his brand new Breitling Evolution yesterday. Bought it at a local AD. When he showed it to me. I immediately saw the jerky chrono second hand (trained eye :p ).

It bugged the crap out of him!

Went back to the AD, showed it to the salesperson. He said: wear it 24 hours with running chronograph, then see what it does. 24 hours later no improvement. I did some reading in The Zigmeister's articles and saw that this problem was caused by a bad tilting pinion (at least in the Asian 7750s).

Again went back to the AD and said there was no improvement what so ever. The second hand still jumps like a quartz. Now the Evolution is back on his way to the importer or Grenchen.. I don't know.

Damn is he dissapointed :thumbdown:

Moral of the story: Asian 7750, ETA7750 or Caliber 13... all great movements but you need a little luck!

Edited by Rolexman

but i believe the QC of breitling has gone up. read several posts on TZ saying that the cal17 is showing <1s a day. the cal17 is a more complicated movement, so it has more things which can go wrong.

well, at least it's covered under warranty and any good AD will settle the problem without worries.