When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement movement for Ebel 1911 Discovery

Craig S

Afternoon chaps and chapesses,

I'm looking to replace the asian mvmt in my EBEL 1911, and was wondering whether the ETA 7750 will fit without any issues? Also, is there any real difference with the day/date fonts? EBEL parts seem to a [censored] to get hold of..

Advise would be appreciated as always!

C

The ETA should fit without any problems. Keep in mind you can pick up a new 1911 for around 1600 now and then, does buying and replacing make sense??

The day/date font is crisper and slightly different on ETA. Look around the board for comparison pictures.

Most people have opted not to replace the a7750 with the eta. You might be better served if you buy an asian one and have it serviced. Just remember never to change the date when the watch is set between 10pm and 2pm (this applies to the ETA version too.

There are slight hand incompatibility when going from A7750 28.8k to ETA 7750. I believe the issue is with the seconds chrono hand.

It is not uncommon to go GEN ETA, but, it is more of a project for a Zigmeister who can broach hands, etc.

Cheers guys.

zzipy - Yeah mate, i seen em on occasion going quite cheap. Just figured as the service is around 120 euro and a fully installed eta is 300, it might be worth the extra cash. gonna give it some thought. I definitley need to get the wobbly (when setting the time) crown sorted tho, but again, trying to locate gen parts is a mare. :(

redwatch - Haha, yep. Done that one one of my very first reps some time ago. Never again. :)

ronin - Domi's the man for us EU guys. Done some work for me already on my UPO and top grade stuff.