When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice / Tough rep for 15 year old boy

Broker1981

<-- grew up on a skate board (well many kinds of boards actually) and at 37 I still skate.

The most "skate" rep I own IMO is the PVD Sinn U1.

Besides being super cool looking,reliable and tough, it has the bonus of being highly accurate and reasonably priced.

For a teen I would buy a PVD U1 without doubt over the usual suspects. A teen just wouldn't get them - no contest.

I have checked this one out, and i have to say that i am loving it! It's a really cool watch, and it's not common i Norway. As for the Seiko i showed it to him, and he didnt like it. It was too geeky according to him, and he's the on who'll be wearing it :)

I'll never forget the photo Pugwash posted of a fogged up Seiko. I think that was a good reminder that even genuine does not guarantee perfection :)

After my cousin gave me crap about having a rep, I looked at his Seiko diver watch and it was fogged up. I laughed at him and said I bet my "fake" watch is more waterproof than your genuine one (PO with sealed He valve and greased gaskets).

He as an [censored] that will take every opportunity to put anyone down.

I know that feeling all too well.. :( lol :D

It just makes the anticipation all the more fun, and the final project more meaningful :)

After my cousin gave me crap about having a rep, I looked at his Seiko diver watch and it was fogged up. I laughed at him and said I bet my "fake" watch is more waterproof than your genuine one (PO with sealed He valve and greased gaskets).

He as an [censored] that will take every opportunity to put anyone down.

I would say that people like that irritate me (they certainly used to) but now I just feel sorry for them, for whatever inadequacy they have which they're trying to compensate for. I don't think they'll ever realize that by putting others down, they don't make themselves look big, they just show themselves up as being tools :lol: It's like the guy I ran into the other night who kept asking "How much?" while we were discussing watches, it just shows a lack of class... :pardon:

I have checked this one out, and i have to say that i am loving it! It's a really cool watch, and it's not common i Norway. As for the Seiko i showed it to him, and he didnt like it. It was too geeky according to him, and he's the on who'll be wearing it :)

Yep, and another thing is it's very easily waterproofable, come with very good authentic style thick green gaskets (paid and verified to 3atm - and complimented by WS). Oh, that's the other thing, The gen is a German built watch. They're gaining popularity here where i live (Australia) but can mostly fly under the radar as well as be recognised WIS's.

As some people here know, I'm a HUGE Seiko fan but I would suggest a G-shock to 15yo before a Seiko. I have 6 nieces an nephews of varying ages - and i gave them all g-shocks last year for birthdays and Xmas - they love them. Glued to their wrists. G-shocks are very cool and are 'in'. Much like the clothing brand "Bape" which I guarantee your son wears or covets if he skates... G-hocks cannot be killed either.

But seeing as you are after a rep, I second my own suggestion for a PVD U1 (:p hehe). The gen is worth about 3.5G's...

But if you do go the Seiko, I just picked the attached one up, excellent watch, unusual and "monster-y" but modern. The model number is in the file name.

post-23858-127188878396_thumb.jpg