When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue Tudor Snowflake 9411 Project

Collin24

My 9411 project turned in to a 9401 project instead, I can't get used to the date "bubble" unfortunately. Got the dial last week and actually managed to strip the movement from a donor watch and assemble the dial and hands (second time I ever do this). Now I have everything except the bezel assembly! Oh and adjusting the stem...

tdial.jpg

tdialcase.jpg

The case is stamped 9411 on the inside of the caseback and the movement is a 2783 so if I ever change my mind I could just change the dial.

Good luck with your project Catalin!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The case is stamped 9411 on the inside of the caseback and the movement is a 2783 so if I ever change my mind I could just change the dial.

Good luck with your project Catalin!

Nice. Not a big fan of "yak [censored]" lume so I'd try to darken it up IMO. As for the caseback, later 9401's used a 9411 stamped caseback so you are ok in that regards.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Thought I would share the status of my project after a few months. All parts except the movement and date wheel are from Yuki, the DW is from Ubi (Thanks again mate!)and the donor watch is an old Tourist watch I picked up on ebay.

As you can see in the pictures I am stuck on the case. I am open to suggestions, since I find Yuki's case at 450$ and ClassicWatchparts bezel insert at 80$ a bit expensive.

4889945389_af12832e4f_z.jpg

4889945143_39977cc57a_z.jpg

4889944879_1fd9e6daf9_z.jpg

Thanks,

Catalin

• 7 months later...

I have a gen hands and dial. Buy a 2783 movement, but has a problem the hour hands is bigger than pinion hands of the movement. I too try in a 2824 and is bigger the hand hole than pinion. Mine question is the problem is the hand or is the movements.