When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling B01 "Ultimate" 316F

Bork99

People seem to love or hate the B01, and I'm about to pull the trigger on the black dial roman numeral version.

I see Joshua's just (today) added a new version of this model to his site, billed as"Ult V 316F". The main differences seem to be 316F (probably as opposed to 316L?) steel, and individually removable rotating bezel guides. "Individually removable" just sounds like "they will fall off over time" to me - anyone know if the gen has these to?

Any opinions on whether this one's worth the extra $50?

The pictures on Josh's site are unfortunately as good as unusable as any real point of reference these days thanks to the giant watermarks. I understand his motives but it doesn't help us buyers one bit!

Agreed on the watermark situation - it has gotten out of hand, to the point where is usually wait for userpics to be posted here so I can be sure I know what the watch actually looks like!

Yes, some dealers are covering up the poor date with their watermark, not good. I would not buy this watch, unless they fixed that sunken date. We all know it can be done, but it is not worth the factories time, as peeps still buy this stuff "as is" anyway, shame.....

On the 316F issue: it does become something of an "honor among thieves" situation when they are actively in the business of selling knock-offs! Same goes with the "servicing" that's offered here and there...

I know about the sunken date-wheel; it's unfortunate and an obvious tell, but since I'd decided to get a B01 rep anyway that's the same no matter which version I buy. Pulled the trigger on the "ultimate" - should be here in a week or two...

Even if they did, how could you tell it was the watch you're getting that was certified? They could have just sent a hunk of real 316F to the labs and gotten a report back.

That said, the color on my 316F Rollie GMT is definitely closer to gen than the old stuff. It's pretty easy to see the difference, especially up against a gen. I think it's worth an extra $50.

You can't tell. That is just it. Not unless have someone test it.

Remember, unlike Breitling, Rolex is using 904L and not 316L. So what is the 316F going to look closer to in the Breilting World, a Rolex? :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

You can't tell. That is just it. Not unless have someone test it.

Remember, unlike Breitling, Rolex is using 904L and not 316L. So what is the 316F going to look closer to in the Breilting World, a Rolex? :whistling:

My point is that there's a clear color difference between L and F, but that's no guarantee the watch you get will be either.

Than again, there's actually no guarantee you'll get any watch at all, it comes down to trust between you and your supplier.

That's why it pays to maintain a good relationship.

As to which color is better for the watch you're purchasing, that's up to you -

• 2 weeks later...

On the 316F issue: it does become something of an "honor among thieves" situation when they are actively in the business of selling knock-offs! Same goes with the "servicing" that's offered here and there...

I know about the sunken date-wheel; it's unfortunate and an obvious tell, but since I'd decided to get a B01 rep anyway that's the same no matter which version I buy. Pulled the trigger on the "ultimate" - should be here in a week or two...

Did you end up getting it? Can't wait for the actual pictures :)