When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

batons on gen and rep dials

deniz21

hello guys, i found out some very interessting things

please look close to the indizes (batons) of the dial

here we have a gen dial

1sab2-1.jpg

look at the space from the 9o clock marker and the sec at nine! also have a close look at the batons from 8 and 10 o clock and look at the space to the secs at nine!

here we have the rep dial of V3 baton dial

SA001.jpg

compare it to the gen and you see much less space between the marker and the secs at nine, also it has less space at the 8 and 9 o clock markings to the secs at nine, its not much but you can see it

but know look at another gen dial.. do you see the difference in the space compared to the other gen dial??

it looks much more like the rep dial :)

IMG_3708.jpg

so for me i kinda like it :thumbsupsmileyanim: that shows that even on gen dials they have little changes on it or whatsoever B) and when we spot something out on a dial, it dont have to be a flaw...maybe they simply changed a bit on the dial on later versions :)

i hope i could explain to you guys what i mean :)

all the best and take care

deniz

Hahaha that was quick Deniz! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes I totally see your point of view! Funnily enough the spacing is more prominent on the white dial compared to the blue and black dial versions: Yes, ive been looking at gen photos and theres definitely a distinction between the white dial and blue/black dials. Im guessing it was an intentional design feature to make the white stand out more.....

Funny this........Anybody know the reasons?

Hahaha that was quick Deniz! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes I totally see your point of view! Funnily enough the spacing is more prominent on the white dial compared to the blue and black dial versions:

Funny this........Anybody know the reasons?

LOL! He 'borrowed' your picture ;-)

I am looking at both my Gen SA''s (White and Blue) and the Batons are the same distance apart. The white just gives the illusion that they are further spaced apart. Part of this illusion is the angle at which the marker rises up from the dial on.

Reckon you could post a side-by-side pic Bike Mike? :thumbsupsmileyanim: I guess the whites more visible through the space betweek the markers......

I am looking at both my Gen SA''s (White and Blue) and the Batons are the same distance apart. The white just gives the illusion that they are further spaced apart. Part of this illusion is the angle at which the marker rises up from the dial on.

I was going to mention that as well. You beat me out the gate :)

Yeah that. There is no 'haggle' in gen dials, no way. Gen is gen, they can't afford making such mistakes. The only variation was on the SA, when the small wings dial was running, the 8 wasn't cut off at the top at first. When they switched to Pro2, they made a facelift, the numbers got bigger on the dial (I guess) and hence the 8 is a bit cut off. Other than that, Breitling doesn't make such variations on the dials, like on one the dot is further than on the other one...

Greetz.

Between these gen dials ..batons.. are differences. Thats for sure. Thats not only illusions

Afraid I have to side with yodap on this one. There is no way there are manufacturing variations from dial to dial and I can't imagine that they would make such a minute change for one colour and not the others. Given the light spectrum each is reflecting it makes sense that the white is going to be more pronounced. Since it is reflecting all visible wavelengths of light (400nm ~ 700nm) the white is going to seem very bright where as the blue is only reflecting about 400nm~500nm spectrum giving it a less brilliant appearance. These differences in amount of light reflected will make one, the brighter one, seem larger than the other. An example of this is in how our eye perceives lume, especially in the dark. A watch with average rep lume will appear much sharper and smaller than the same watch with say C1. The glow tends to fuzz the edges and make the object appear larger to the eye. Same thing with white dial vs. a solid colour.

Just my 2 cents :)

hi krpster :) you have writen this very well, and it makes sens what you say, but why then it looks not the same way on the rep white dial? the rep white dial looks almost like the gen blue dial..but the gen white dial looks different compared to the other dials

so when you say its because of the color..then i can not understand why the rep looks different then :pardon:

but anyways the watch is orderd and im sure i will like it :victory:

all the best B)

hi krpster :) you have writen this very well, and it makes sens what you say, but why then it looks not the same way on the rep white dial? the rep white dial looks almost like the gen blue dial..but the gen white dial looks different compared to the other dials

so when you say its because of the color..then i can not understand why the rep looks different then :pardon:

but anyways the watch is orderd and im sure i will like it :victory:

all the best B)

The rep looks different than the gen that's sure. I guess it's because it's rep and not gen.

Nope not yet. How do you know I'm going to get one anyway? :D

And there is a genuine white baton dial and an ETA7750 on it's way already :)

All I need is V3 caseset and either a Pro2 Diver with deployant or a Pro2 bracelet. Haven't decided yet.

Greetz.

i heard roumers about that J :D

cool that combo looks very nice, i wouldgo for the diver.. since i guess your wrist is not so big..mine also and after trying the gen, i would go for the rubber, the bracelet on a superavenger is for bigger wrist.. not under 7,5 inch

1sab2-1.jpg

and the price for a gen pro2 diver is not bad eather :)

i allready bought a v3 white batton it should be here this week :)

not sure if i go the franken way like you, i think i give the rep dial a try first, cause im realy not sure that i keep it cause its such a big watch :D

if its to big for me and you still need one then i will shoot you a mail :)

all the best