When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aftermarket 16610lv Bezel Insert

Linder

Thanks for the education, Ubi.

You are right, of course. I saw the 9 marker and too thought something was up with it. So I looked at my MBW insert, saw it looked sort of the same and thought, "hmm, maybe it is supposed to look like that."

I should have been more skeptical.

For reference, assuming RSC would sell you a new one, they quoted me $120 - $150 for it.

If you can get one from one of the RSC's (assuming they'd sell it outright without having the watch in hand to service and install for you), I say get it. Especially at that price. Typically, the cost on these things isn't very much; I seem to recall $50 - $70 or right abouts believe it or not. But that's if you can find them from a direct source, i.e. usually from RSC as a replacement to your existing, damaged insert. On the secondary market, they sell for very high prices as they are commonly used to convert black 16610's into LVs (and are then sold at LV prices to the unsuspecting). I was told that there was one shop that would turn a genuine 16610 into an LV for $950.00 :o

At any rate... If you can find one at a reasonable price, get it!

I will make an observation here.... The underside of the bezel looks different than the underside of the black/silver sub bezels I have. This LV bezel is more substantial, thicker - there is more metal there. Check the pics of the underside of my black bezel in a previous thread to see what I mean.

I have also noticed (and Ubi can correct me if I'm wrong certainly) that the vintage bezels I've seen look like this on the underside... Thicker and more substantial than the modern black/silver.

Indeed. That looks to be VERY thick on the underside. Far thicker than any genuine 16610 insert I've ever seen. Also... The diameter of the pearl setting from the back looks too small- The gen's pearl setting is larger in diameter. The pearl also looks incorrect from the front, still- Though it's hard to really see it for what it is because of the lighting.

I've had a few of the genuine LV inserts- But never loose. Still... They would be very similar to the black 16610's, so it's still possible to identify the difference, as the LV is simply a different color. Physical attributes, such as setting size for the pearl, insert size, etc. should all still be the same.