When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watchmaterial insert

Hi, I bought a couple of watchmaterial pearls for my n00bmariner and my fantasy metal blue sunburst mariner.

Thing is, i buggered up the n00bmariner insert trying to widen the hole to make the pearl fit so now I need a replacement.

Does anyone know if the watchmaterial insert will fit without modding/filing/sanding etc? I'm not much of a modder TBH...

If not, does anyone know of an insert that will fit both the noobmariner and the watchmaterial pearl without modding?

Oh, one more thing, the watchmaterial site doesn't list an insert for a "16610" but has a few that look right - is there another number/code that i should be searching for for a 16610 mariner?

If i really do have to do some modding, what is the best (non gen of course) insert that's suitable?

Thanks for any advice or insight, hopefully one day I'll stop being nub and won't have to bother you all with silly questions.

mastrmindalliance - The Noobmariner insert is made for its non-standard bezel ring. Unfortunately, there are no aftermarket inserts that will fit it out of the box. However, it is not difficult to make one fit.

Problem is...a standard 16610 or 16600 insert is just a fraction of a millimeter too large. There are tutorials on this site, with pictures, showing how to mil it down with just a piece of sandpaper.

It's not difficult and if you do it right, it is like ubi said.

Ok, thanks so much guys, i'm sorry to be asking so many questions lately, but I'm just really starting to get into it all.

:)

You'll never again have the money for a new pair of shoes...if you get into this. Save youself my son...RUN!

This is a Noobmariner that I retrofitted with a jewelryoutlet insert and Watchmaterial pearl.

100_2283.jpg

FullView.jpg

This is a WM9 date wheel overlay and BKs custom crown set.

100_2281.jpg

I worked on the CGs a little but they are still a little curvy in the bottom.

This is the fat tube that comes with BKs tube and crown set. It screws right into the Noob case tapping.

100_2289.jpg

MT