When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Railmaster XXL Crown / Stem Question

fallraen

Hi, I recently bought a Omega Railmaster XXL and was wondering about the position of the crown. Upon receiving this watch, I quickly 'inspected' for any obvious problems and found none. However I feel the crown is abit 'far' from the case and the crown tube / stem might be alittle too long? I would prefer if the crown rested alittle closer to the case but not touching the case as this is a handwind.

I do not know if what I have is close to the gen, so I'd appreciate if anyone can find pics of the gen's crown position (relative to the case) that would be nice :D

Does anyone feel the same way and have done anything to 'mod' this?

Thanks for any help!

PS: I will take photos of the watch to further explain what I mean. Photos, pending awaiting update. :D

Edited by fallraen

hi thanks for your reply, because this is a handwinding watch and also the crown is not a screw-in crown. i feel that the problem is either the tube or the winding stem is too long / too far out. my dealer (king) has offered to take a look and 'fix' this issue if I send it back (which i will soon). but i was wondering if any had done a mod to fix this :D

• 2 months later...