When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new beater

JoJo35

It's been laying around a while. I figured I might as well wind it up and wear it today.

Any other "beaters" out there?

6ce15c9e.jpg

331034e1.jpg

Looking good, my friend, I'm sure it'll be on your wrist for a while to come :) Here's my usual beater :)

DSCN3098.jpg

Someone asked me Saturday what I thought was 'the best everyday watch', and even with all the awesome watches and various brands which are displayed and discussed here, I had to say that for a watch with all-round versatility, functional in most situations yet still wearable when relaxing, I could only say the Rolex Submariner :) Probably the most copied watch out there, but I guess it's copied for a reason :pardon::victory:

I'm wearing this watch today, but it's not my 'beater'

P1000185-3.jpg

I consider this 16800 my 'beater'. It has a later tritium dial and hands which still glow very well- I figure they are '98-99 replacements

P1000246-2-1-2-2.jpg

But if things are going to get really ugly, I love to fall back on my franken 'beater'

P1000185-4.jpg

I'd much rather tear it up than one of my gens!

Love the close-up of the date window.

:drinks: Thanks B!

PS: the bezel on this one is (was) NOS gen

PPS: You'd better have a closer look at that bezel B. I just compare the photographs, and there is a definite difference between your bezel and mine.

Looking good, my friend, I'm sure it'll be on your wrist for a while to come :) Someone asked me Saturday what I thought was 'the best everyday watch', and even with all the awesome watches and various brands which are displayed and discussed here, I had to say that for a watch with all-round versatility, functional in most situations yet still wearable when relaxing, I could only say the Rolex Submariner :) Probably the most copied watch out there, but I guess it's copied for a reason :pardon::victory:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks TJ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks TJ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anytime :drinks: While I would be the first to admit that the Sub is hardly the best suited watch for every situation/scenario, it is probably the best 'all rounder' I can think of and can fulfill many roles with ease :)