When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Mod of any kind!

brucesreps

So I decided I wanted to try refinishing my polished CG that was on my 000 logo since I wanted to get a new one anyways. So i took a VERY VERY fine nail file(yeah i know) And went over each side in one direction until it actually looked fairly good. I looked down.... Wow, I was surprised. Looks GREAT IMHO(Especially for not knowing what I was doing)!

I then noticed the pin was round(standart pin) So I pushed it out a bit and used the same nail file and filed it down to a nice semi flat surface(Looks so much better IMHO).

Before(pin looks like a pimple on the cg):

IMG_9039.jpg

After refinishing CG and pin!:

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

006-4.jpg

After a bit more grinding of the pin:

013.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Not bad for a first mod, actually probably better that what most of us managed to do on a first go.

I'd also suggest investing in a half-decent rotary tool like Fuller or even better a Dremel, and giving a nice once over polish to that CG. Trust me it makes a world of difference. You could also go down the more affordable path by purchasing a $5 Cape Cod or similar cloth/agent for hand polishing, but those just fall short of nice non-streaking polished finish.

Good on ya mate!

b

what do i need as far as attachments? just the white cloth type? and do i need the solution?

Probably best to purchase one of those add-on kits with bits and pieces most used. It should come with few felt and cloth attachments, as well as at least one little container with polishing paste. Otherwise buy them separately, shouldn't be too hard to find those. I use Brasso S/S polish, it comes in liquid form that I apply to the felt attachment and let dry almost completely before start polishing.

Good luck!

b