When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen bezel fits rep BCE! (pics)

cougaree

I was trying to sell my gen bezel several days ago, but no one wanted it. It's largely because at the time no one was 100% sure that the gen bezel would fit onto a rep BCE. I have seen two people fitting their rep v2 BCE with gen bezels, so I kind of know it would. To make the long story short, I decided to keep the bezel and mount it on my TT v2 BCE for the first time tonight. The end result... success!

However, my initial attempt using the rep bezel spring wire failed. The wire was thinner than the gen bezel spring, thus the bezel couldn't lock itself to the case.

My next step is install gen movement or Swiss ETA 7750 with gen DW and gen white numeric dial. Since I really like BCE, eventually, in the near future I would like to own a gen.

I've removed bezels from both of my BCEs. One is a v2 with updated dw and the other one is a v2 TT. The trick I've found most useful is instead of trying to prying the bezel off with a screw driver or knife or whatever you find (after the 4 rider tabs have been removed of course), it's better to just lift the bezel on one corner (I used my thumb nail pushing the bezel up at 40 minute mark), and then turn the bezel counter clock wise. Since the bezel spring is not a closed loop around inside of the bezel, you may be able to get the bezel spring wire out of its groove from its end tip. This method worked for me, but no guarantee it would work for you though.

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Underneath of rep BCEs, the quality varies. :(

This is a picture of two rep BCE bezel wire I took out of my watches. As you seen, they are not even in the same length! The shorter one on the right which is thicker, is from my v2 BCE with correct DW. The longer thinner one is from v2 TT. The longer one can wrap around the bezel, but the shorter one can't, which makes the rep bezel turning a bit rough.

IMG_0221.jpg

I think maybe the longer one would work with the gen bezel if I double the number of bending on it, but I've never tried.

Not worth monkeying around with it if you had the gen part handy and it worked. Great results and thanks for sharing!