When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer Spatiographe

redwatch

Hi folks,

While I was in Toronto at the GTG with Toad and Andreww I got an opportunity to check out Andreww's beautiful Navitimer. He is one of the lucky ones like HackR to have one of the early versions of the rep with a bezel that lines up perfectly. I never thought I would like that watch, but it really is quite stunning!

I started to research the watch a little bit, and came across one very interesting variation. Produced from 1997 to 2002, the Navitmer Spatiographe:

img56328467.jpg

breitlingspatioinfo.gif

This is one stunning looking watch!! I found a dial on eBay for sale, but I can't imagine finding a movement to go with this would be very easy? Anyone have one of these, or have any info on it?

I like it too. The dial is less busy than the regular Navi. Very elegant.

I finally realized why I'm not too crazy about BCE and Navitimer... I don't wear straps and I'm not a big fan of the Breitling Pilot bracelet (isn't that what they call it). I prefer the Pro2 on Breits.

I'm normally with you BT. I normally prefer the oyster or jubilee straps and when i had the SOSF I preferred it on the SS strap than the croc. However, when I tried on Andreww's on the gen Breitling black leather strap, I was blown away by how comfortable it was!!

• 2 weeks later...

Im actually wearing it today Red, and it is very comfortable! The Spatiographe is a beaut, but unfortunately it'll never get repped because of the movement. I am really dumbfounded as to why we haven't seen a super-rep of the Navi yet. Sure, my 1st gen is a decent replication, but standard have improved greatly over the 5 years since its release. Its one of the world's top ten most popular watches IMO, and there would most certainly be a huge demand for a well done version.

BTW Red, I brought it on leather, but the bracelet is every bit as comfortable IMO, and it gives the watch a totally different look and feel. Probably a bit too blingy, but perfect for special occasions. If you ever decide to buy a Navi, I'd recommend buying it on a bracelet, then buy a gen leather strap later.

Thanks for the tip Andreww! I usually try to get the bracelet with the watches I buy and then get the strap to go with it. I did that for my SOSF. The hunt is on for a properly aligned slide rule bezel Navi! :D