When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Starting my first vintage project(s)...

So I finally decided, after collecting some bits and pieces over the past couple of months, to put together a 6152/1 and then a 6152. I'm going with a DSN case set and park a Molnija movement in it for now along with a closed case back. Thanks to PSofC for his recommendation and letting me get in on his order with DSN. So now that I have the case set, here's some observations...

@ Projectologist: thanks for your great post buddy & a very nice plexi!! I am collecting parts as well, have the same dial from the same maker, same cg from Okabum.

I have a question about the new DSN case set. Since when does DSN sell these and does he have pictures on his website already or do you have pics? I bought a case set from him around 3-4 months ago, but decided to sell it, because I found the lug shape too thin, so I went for a Getat. But the Getat is missing the engravings in between the lugs and overall finish is not as good as DSN.

So, are the thickness of the lugs really improved a lot and better in between lug engravings? In your pic, they do look a lot thicker indeed... Looking forward for some info on this, so that I can buy (if better) a new case set from David.

Cheers,

J.

@ Projectologist: thanks for your great post buddy & a very nice plexi!! I am collecting parts as well, have the same dial from the same maker, same cg from Okabum.

I have a question about the new DSN case set. Since when does DSN sell these and does he have pictures on his website already or do you have pics? I bought a case set from him around 3-4 months ago, but decided to sell it, because I found the lug shape too thin, so I went for a Getat. But the Getat is missing the engravings in between the lugs and overall finish is not as good as DSN.

So, are the thickness of the lugs really improved a lot and better in between lug engravings? In your pic, they do look a lot thicker indeed... Looking forward for some info on this, so that I can buy (if better) a new case set from David.

Cheers,

J.

No engraving with this one. Nice not having to remove that poorly done laser etching he used to use.

Lug width (when viewed from the side) is 5.5mm which is essentially the same as gen which is 5.6mm according to Volker's book. Looking straight down from above the case, I have no idea what gen spec is, but I agree they look thicker.

The DSN plexi seems to be too high and the curvature of the dome is too low. I have a gen Rolex tropic 25 but the diameter of the tropic 25 is too large to fit the DSN case. What is your plan on fitting a correct plexi? I even tried a MADASBOOT plexi (very nice one)but it won't fit the DSN case either? Do you know of any body who is making a replica plexi that will fit the DSN case and has more curvature on the dome?

Thanks and regards,

The DSN plexi seems to be too high and the curvature of the dome is too low. I have a gen Rolex tropic 25 but the diameter of the tropic 25 is too large to fit the DSN case. What is your plan on fitting a correct plexi? I even tried a MADASBOOT plexi (very nice one)but it won't fit the DSN case either? Do you know of any body who is making a replica plexi that will fit the DSN case and has more curvature on the dome?

Thanks and regards,

Check out my next to last pic... the gen T 24 and 25 together. Contours are exactly the same. The 25's dia. is 40.8 mm while the 24's is 40.1mm

So I only have to shave off approximately .1 mm of the 24 to get it to fit the DSN bezel. OR wait a bit and something 1:1 just might be available later this Summer :whistling: